PDA

View Full Version : Bra Straps

HGD24
06-12-2006, 10:22 PM
I know bra issues have been discussed before, but I can't find the thread. I know that many of us have had issues with bra straps slipping off of our shoulders, especially those of us with one shoulder that is lower than the other. I was in Sears tonight and saw this small strap that attaches to both shoulder straps, holding them together so they don't slip off the shoulder. It runs parallel to the back strap of the bra.

Just thought I'd give it a mention for anyone having this problem and is tired of pulling at their bra strap all day long.

flowerpower
06-13-2006, 12:50 AM
Thanks for sharing that....I hate that, especially when wearing tank tops the right side always slips way off. I think I may be taking a trip to Sears soon ;)

Renee

CurvySAT05
06-13-2006, 02:33 AM
good info. i might go check that out too. i hate the slipping straps, such a pain in the butt.

drummergrl
06-13-2006, 11:27 AM
That's awesome! I'll be going to Sears tonight!!! It's so annoying to have it keep slipping down all day! Thanks!

Jadey
06-20-2006, 12:16 PM
Omg I have that exact problem. Both bra straps are as tight as they can be and the right had side keeps slipping. I had that problem with vest tops and tankini tops, that's no good if you don't want people seeing your breasts.

flowerpower
06-23-2006, 09:54 AM
Heidi,

Do you recall the maker of "the strap"? Was is something sold separately? I was in my local Sears yesterday and couldn't seem to find anything (then again its hard to find anything when your 8 yr old son keeps repeating, "I hate this part, when are we going to get me shoes" :rolleyes: I asked the salesgirl and she didn't know what I was talking about.

Renee

pet slave
06-24-2006, 06:36 PM
Racerback bras are the only way to go! And I don't mean sports bras, look for bras with straps that look sort of like a Y.

You can find them most every where. If you're not sure what they look like, log on to Victoria's Secret webpage and type in racerback bras.

Racerbacks never fall off of my shoulders, and my left shoulder is about two inches lower them my right. I can not wear any other kind of bra. They have to be racerback straps.

I hope this helps!

PS, Walmart, Penney's and Khol's have them too.

Abby...
06-27-2006, 12:30 AM
Thanks so much. I think I may be investing in some racerbacks soon...
-Abby

pet slave
06-27-2006, 09:36 AM
You're welcome!

Oh, the joys of a comfortable, well fitting bra! :D

Seriously, I hope racerbacks work as well for you as they do for me.

And, they're priced about the same as "regular" ones too.

HGD24
06-29-2006, 10:27 AM
Renee,
I don't recall the maker of the strap. I found them on a small end shelf near the back wall the bra dept. Next time I'm in Sears I'll look at the manufacturer. I know that JCPenney does not carry anything like that in their local store. I went in to look for bra strap extenders and was immediately told by the saleswoman that if I needed an extender, I was wearing the wrong size. I explained my situation to her (which does in fact warrant needing extenders) and received no apology. Instead, she tried to sell me bras in a size too small for me.

Jadey
06-30-2006, 04:50 AM
Are these Racerbra sold in the UK? I may look into them and probably buy some.

pet slave
06-30-2006, 09:53 AM
Jadey,

Racerback bras are a style, not a brand. So I'm sure you can find them in the UK.

If you cannot find them at department stores, check out lingerie shops, or Victoria's Secret. The bra straps look like a Y in back. As opposed to two separate straps on the shoulders.

Take a look at this *generic* search link, and you will see what I'm trying to describe.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/s:Bras:4347-Style=Racerback%20Bras

As you will see, racerback bras come in many different brands and prices.

PS, look at picture #5 in the yahoo link, It's a Maidenform, and the picture really shows how a racerback bra looks and fits.

Jadey
06-30-2006, 05:44 PM
Thanks for that information :)

pet slave
07-07-2006, 12:35 PM
FYI,

The new Fall/Winter 2006 JCPenney's catalog has the bra strap thingys that HGD24 wrote about in the first post. I might buy some just to see how well they work.

Just thought I'd mention it in case people don't want to go out and buy a bunch of racerbacks.

maximus
07-25-2006, 01:40 AM
I found this site accidently whilst doing a search regarding this problem last month with my sister but have since found a solution.

My sister has been having problems with her bra straps when she wears tank tops and vest tops especially with her vest tops. I first noticed it when her left bra strap just popped out of her top and fell down her arm and she wasnt even bending over it happened. A few times when talking to her I noticed her bra strap loose almost falling of her shoulder and she will tuck it in to her top only for it to pop out again, now whenever she has her hand under her top I know she is always repositioning her bra strap out of habit.

Now she has 2 older bras which had very loose thin straps that just randomly popped out and newer bras which only caused her problems when bending over. She brought some strap trap plastic things and sew them on the inside of the top they then hold the bra strap in position keeping it in place, another alternative is lingerie tape and sticking it beween the skin and strap but that wasnt fully effective and uncomfortable.

I hope this is help to all of you.

jsully
07-27-2006, 06:28 PM
I don't know why I never thought of this before! My bra stap is ALWAYS falling down. I just keep tightening the strap that falls but eventually it falls off again. Don't know why I never connected this to scoliosis. Also, don't know why I never thought of a racerback. I always thought they would look wierd with tanktops?
jsully

Hello Kitty
10-15-2006, 02:26 AM
Thanks so much for you posting. I just bought a racerback bra from Target and it works very well. I've lived with bra straps slipping for years to be very annoyed with them. Now I've discovered a whole new world! Make sure you buy one that closes in the front rather than back because its a lot easier to put on!
Any strapless bra can be a racerback simply by criss crossing the removable straps in the back.

Racerback bras are the only way to go! And I don't mean sports bras, look for bras with straps that look sort of like a Y.

You can find them most every where. If you're not sure what they look like, log on to Victoria's Secret webpage and type in racerback bras.

Racerbacks never fall off of my shoulders, and my left shoulder is about two inches lower them my right. I can not wear any other kind of bra. They have to be racerback straps.

I hope this helps!

PS, Walmart, Penney's and Khol's have them too.

Cloudy
10-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Hey

I got a couple of sports bras 2-3 weeks ago and they never slip off, ever!. ;)

majose
10-15-2006, 09:57 AM
For years I have had this problem and at times as you all know it can be embarassing - didn't realize it could be related to my back - I will have to check out the suggestions given here.

Thanks girls!

coloradogirl
10-15-2006, 11:26 AM
I have that problem with tanktops, too. The right side will slip off. It annoys me to no end.

Bearhachick
10-19-2006, 01:24 AM
Gosh, I hate that! I have that problem, too, also on the right side. I also...have the problem buying bras because, well, you know not everything is symmetrical. I had to pay $90 for two of them!

kmkmaggot420
10-22-2006, 08:23 PM
i do have that problem too with bras... especially when im in the retarted marching band uniform.. i wear camis a lot though, so i dont think i would ever wear a racerback bra.. plus, i dnt even have the money as it is just to buy a new normal bra.