One Week Until Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Week Until Surgery

Well, here we are just one week until Shelby's surgery (Lindsay's too). We just got back from our cruise last night. We had a great time and were able to take a break from constantly thinking about scoliosis and surgery. We have her pre-op day on Wednesday. She did complain of back pain quite often from sitting on the airplane to walking when we were in the ports shopping. I am starting to feel this peace coming over me that this will all soon be behind us. I think Shelby is ready to be rid of the pain and ready to look "normal" in her clothes and swimsuit. She is so brave and we are so proud of her for approaching this huge obstacle with such a positive outlook and always a beautiful smile on her face. Once again I am so happy I found this site. You all have lifted my heart and given me hope for the future. Thanks again to all of you.

Kathy
    Daughter Shelby
    44T 63L
    Surgery June 19, 2006

Glad to hear you had a good time on your cruise. What a nice way to take your mind off things for a while. Good wishes and prayers for a successful surgery and recovery.

Renee

Comment

i hope you had a great time on your cruise!! =]

just one more week!

"I am starting to feel this peace coming over me that this will all soon be behind us."

^yupp

Lindsay

Comment

Shelby & Lindsay (and their Moms),

My prayers are with you as your approach the big day -- you two are the "June Girls." My daughter was one of the three "November Girls" and this forum helped get us through those darned, all-consuming pre-surgery jitters.

It's like climbing a mountain. You're on the ascent now, but soon you'll be on the downhill side. Let us know if there are any questions we might be able to answer. Hang in there, Ann

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with both girls, Lindsay and Shelby and their families, today as they have surgery. You will be on the "other side" as we have all talked about after our children have had this surgery. It is a much better place to be as you will be focused on the healing process and recovery versus the anxiety and the what ifs before surgery takes place. Please know that each day will get better and you will be amazed at the progress each of the girls will make. Those first few days and week are hard, but it is miraculous how they seem to turn a corner and things do get better. Please let us all know how things go and know you have many prayers coming your way.

Connie (one of the November Elizabeth's moms)

Comment

"June Girls"

My prayers are also being sent up for both of you. Please let us hear from you as soon as you're able. I pray that your surgery was successful and that you will heal quickly.

Cheryl M
            NCM

Comment

Working...
            X