Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBP technique ??

HI
    Did I post this in the right place this time--I hope.

I am new here and I hope this is the right place to post this?
    My daughter who is 13 has scoliosis 35 or 36 on the top and 18 on the bottom.
    We have gone to Shriners and she has a Boston brace, but it has been very hard getting her to wear it.
    It is not just that she hates it it is also because she has skin problems hives etc.
    Unfortunately, we cannot afford spine core and live in an area that is to far from the Shriners that has used it.
    We are in far North West California. Have been going to Sacramento but changing to Portland.
    Has anyone used a technique called CBP? Biomechanics' or something that that?

Sorry if I am not posting this in the right place. I hope I can get back to this spot!
    Computer whiz I am not.

It seems that you can go to a Shriner's Hospital out of your area and they pay for transportation. You might want to check with the Erie, PA Shriner's that does the SpineCor brace - one of the other mom's is going there from Texas later this month. I also spoke with a mom from Washington State who is considering going to Erie. I'm sure someone on the forum can tell you how to get sponsored and go about getting the traveling paid for. They are getting good results with it and it's totally comfortable to wear - made out of all soft fabrics & elastic except for 2 small thin plastic pieces on the bottom part. My daughter had a hard brace first and it was very hard on her. She thinks the SpineCor is so much better. If you look under bracing there is an entire thread devoted to SpineCor.

Comment

Hi Zoe's Mom: I'm the Mom from WA and I was talking to the orthotics guy at Swedish hosp. in Seattle today- He has two boxes of Spinecor in his office and had previously told me they were not using Spinecor because it was hard to get parts for it. Thanks to LATigne I found out parts can be ordered from a distributer in Costa Mesa. So he said maybe...

He is trained to fit the Spinecor and it would be a shame if they stopped offering it since many people want it. (I told him this as well as many other things) Good Luck! Megan

Comment

Originally posted by meagain
        Hi Zoe's Mom: I'm the Mom from WA and I was talking to the orthotics guy at Swedish hosp. in Seattle today- He has two boxes of Spinecor in his office and had previously told me they were not using Spinecor because it was hard to get parts for it. Thanks to LATigne I found out parts can be ordered from a distributer in Costa Mesa. So he said maybe...

He is trained to fit the Spinecor and it would be a shame if they stopped offering it since many people want it. (I told him this as well as many other things) Good Luck! Megan
        Boy I wish he would get together with the Shriners in Portland. Right now my daughters next visit is in Sacramento but after that its going to be Portland.
        I'm not even sure if we are going to keep the July 12 appointment in Sacramento. I live almost in Oregon on the coast of California. Portland isn't much closer to me than Sac but its a couple hours shorter in driving time.

Comment

Originally posted by LATigner
          It seems that you can go to a Shriner's Hospital out of your area and they pay for transportation. You might want to check with the Erie, PA Shriner's that does the SpineCor brace - one of the other mom's is going there from Texas later this month. I also spoke with a mom from Washington State who is considering going to Erie. I'm sure someone on the forum can tell you how to get sponsored and go about getting the traveling paid for. They are getting good results with it and it's totally comfortable to wear - made out of all soft fabrics & elastic except for 2 small thin plastic pieces on the bottom part. My daughter had a hard brace first and it was very hard on her. She thinks the SpineCor is so much better. If you look under bracing there is an entire thread devoted to SpineCor.
          Hi.
          I got a call from a gal from Erie this morning, but the one I need to ask some things to won't be in until next week. Maybe a way to work it from my end, I am hoping anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X