Bellydancing For Scoliosis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bellydancing For Scoliosis?

Ok, I'll admit it...it sounds intriguing.

I met a woman with Scoliosis who told me she does Yoga,( so do I ) and she also does Bellydancing!

She said that the movements in bellydancing really help her Spine!

Has anyone here ever heard of bellydancing helping Scoliosis?

I'm sure it's a great form of exercise and probably fun....but, I would like to hear input from others who have Scoliosis and do bellydancing.

Who knows,is bellydancing in my future?

I don't know anything about it or anyone who does it, but I think that's a great excuse to get into something new

I would imagine the movement keeps your back strong and/or stretched...? Who knows!

Comment

from my understanding, it also teaches control of rib cage and hip rotation and keeps your stiff areas more limber. i was thinking of trying it too! it's certainly amazing exercise and keeps the torso open and free.
      enjoy! robyn

Comment

I don't have scoliosis - I come to this forum as a mum not a sufferer - but I did find belly dancing helped my lower back ache.
        It's also great fun and I would definitely recommend it for relaxing stressed out mums! I was worried that the class would be full of nubile teenagers and that as a middleaged mum who definitely has a belly to dance(!) I would be totally out of place. i couldn't have been more worng - we had all shapes, sizes and ages and it was the best fun I'd had for a long time.
        Lorrie

Comment

I used to bellydance, and now my sister is an instructor, and makes her own costumes! Yes, it strengthens the abdominal muscles, which helps the lumbar area, and does keep you limber. And it's FUN!!
          2L8 2B STR8

Comment

Well, I did say I would do just about anything to help my back...

Maybe I'll rent a video and give it a try!

Lorrie, I too, have a belly to dance

Comment

Working...
            X