Bbest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bbest?

Has anyone heard anything yet? I'm just so curious to know....
    Thanks!
    Angela
    29 y/o f w/76 degree curve.Surgery done on June 26th, A/P, rods, instumentaion, rib removal- now 18 degrees!!

I was hoping we'd hear something by around now too...

Comment

Nothings been posted to her blog either.
      I wish I would have gotten contact info. We had emailed each other a few times before she went in and now I wish I had asked for her number or given her mine.
      I'll try emailing her and see if I get a reply.
      I'll let you all know.
      36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
      Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
      Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
      Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
      Curve post op = 20 degrees
      No pain anymore!!
      Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

She had her surgery with the same surgeon as my mother while my mother was still in the hospital. I heard her surgeon dicscuss the fact that he was doing an anterior/posterior surgery that day, so I know that she had it done, but my mother left the hospital the day after and I think she still would have been in ICU at the time. I know my mother has been itching to know how her surgery went.

Comment

Please let us know.....

katblack,

Yes, please do let us know is you get in touch with Brandi.

Thanks!

Laurie
          mom to Josh age 13 with double curves of 75/55 due for posterior spinal fusion July 10, 2006
          Laurie
          mom to Josh age 15, double curves 77T/55L Posterior spinal fusion done at age 13 on July 10, 2006 from T2 - L5 Now 35T/25L

Comment

Hi,,,I had e-mailed her a few days back too& nothing yet....Lynne

Comment

I emailed her right after I posted and I have not heard anything yet.
              Some people take longer to be able to get up and around on their pcs.
              I will wait a few more days before I try again.
              I am hoping she is fine and just resting and taking it easy.
              Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
              No pain anymore!!
              Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

I still haven't heard from her. I'm really worried and hope she checks in soon.
                No pain anymore!!
                Google is your friend

Comment

i can relate...

i'm not sure when she was scheduled but i know from my recent experience i needed a good 2 and 1/2 weeks before i could even think of my computer. Well i actually thought about what i was gonna post the same night i had my surgery but never got up the energy for quite some time. After spending a week in the hospital i was home for more than a week with my pc right in front of me and i stared at it each day knowing i wanted to go on but i just did not have it in me. I know for me this was harder than i was expecting. But hopefully we will hear something soon!
                  Stephanie 27 mom of 3yr. old
                  T11 to L3
                  6-05-06
                  45 to 10 degrees
                  Stephanie
                  T11 to L3
                  1 rib removed
                  June 5, 2006

Comment

it seems like a long time but she went in for surgery on May 22 or so. It really has only been a bit over a mth. She had a lot done & maybe went to a rehab for a while...

Comment

I also thought about her, but let's remember she's had a major fusion(isn't it T1 to Sacrum?), seriously, that's a biggie. It's important to remember how different we all are and it sure is different when there are so many vertebreas fused. I had three surgeries and I can't even compare the second one where I had a small incision done and was out and about in less than a few weeks, doing housework as well compared to the other two where I had 10 vertebreas operated on, and a much bigger incision(at least 11 inches).

I just hope she didn't have any complications and is resting.
                      35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
                      Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
                      Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
                      Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
                      Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Working...
                      X