3 weeks out-what to start doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 weeks out-what to start doing?

With 3 weeks to go til surgery, I'm starting to question if there are any activities I should be stopping.starting? I'm actually heading to the snow fields this weekend for the queens birthday holiday and I've never been before. My boyfriend arranged it as a suprise to get my mind off surgery for a bit, but now I'm worried about hurting myself. Maybe I'll stick to making snow men and relaxing in front of the fire. Also, can anyone tell me if i could have a nice shot or two of schnapps this close to surgery? Thanks.
    Katie

The best thing you can do is ask your doctor. I was not told of anything that I specifically could or could not do. Also, the weekend before my surgery, my husband and I celebrated our third anniversary together (a few weeks early) and had champagne. But again...ask your doctor.

Good luck to you! My prayers will be with you. Linda

Comment

Hi Katie,

My restrictions pre-op were only in regards to a week prior. You go for it and have a great time. That sounds like a good time and would take your mind off of things. Good medicine!!!

Have Fun,
      Shari

Comment

My Dr. said do anything I wanted to do before surgery, he was going to fix me anyway! I drank in the weeks leading up to surgery, obviously not the night before. It helped with the nerves and pain. Your comment wanting to get surgery over with and start your life sounded like what I felt. Keep thinking that when you get nervous as surgery approaches. Once surgery is done you begin healing. Your pain will lessen, not increase, on a daily basis. Best wishes

Comment

Working...
        X