Where I'll be fused....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where I'll be fused....

Ok, just to update you all, I found out where I'll be fused. T-2 to sacrum by Dr. Boachie. I guess I'm not too surprised.. sounds like a long,long surgery. augghhhh!
    My test are tomorrow....... will try to get my x-rays for pictures...
    post/ant. surg Aug 1st
    http://lynnebackattack.blogspot.com

You're one above me. Yeah it's a long one but you will do great!
    Advice, no matter how much your reflexes tell you to pick something up, don't.

I'm going in for xrays today cuz I instinctively picked up a bicycle on Saturday. Stupid move. I'm paying for it now. Big time.
    36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
    Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
    Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
    Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
    Curve post op = 20 degrees
    No pain anymore!!
    Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

Hi Lynne,

Wow! That is one of the "longer" fusions I've seen posted, do you know about how long your surgery will take? Dr. Boachie has such an excellent reputation I hope it puts you somewhat at ease knowing you are in good hands. You will be in my prayers for a successful, uncomplicated surgery and recovery.

Renee

Comment

Renee, Kat,
        My heart kind of skipped a beat when I heard T-2. That freaks me out more than the sacrum bit... I mean I have really bad curves but I thought he would'nt go as high as that! The nurse said that's what he has down so far... maybe they won't have to go that high in reality...
        sounds like they will use a rib to reduce the hump... Ly

Comment

Hi Lynne, I sent you an e-mail.
          Chris
          A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
          Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
          Post-op curve: 12 degrees
          Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Working...
          X