Tori's surgery is in 2 days!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tori's surgery is in 2 days!!!

Hey!!! It's tori!!!! My surgery is in 2 days!!! (It's 11 o clock now so i guess it's closer to 1 day!!!) For some reason, I haven't been nervous about the surgery at all since the day I found out I needed it! My mom always asks me if I'm nervous or scared at all and I always say the same thing, "No mom, I'm not nervous!". Well, at least one of us is strong! My mom has been really worried lately, but, i guess that's normal! So, I have to get some rest now but, we'll keep you posted! We are leaving for the hospital tomorrow morning preparing for the big day!
    Toodles,
    tori
    p.s. at my pre-op, i found out that my curve only got worse (60T, 53L) and now i am being fused from T5- L1. I also might have to get the thorocoplasty (sp?) for my rib hump.
    *BILLIE JOE*

Good Luck Tori! My prayers will be with you. My daughter has now been through this twice. My best is advice is to get up and walk every chance you get and have your friends visit (maybe not in the hospital) because I could always see a huge boost in Briann's attitude when her friends had come. She didn't want visitors in the hospital. You'll do great! Briann wasn't nervous either or at least she didn't show it, not even the 2nd time.

Again, I am praying for a successful surgery with great nurses to take care of you.

Cheryl
    NCM

Comment

thanks!

thank you so much! all of this support i am getting from my friends, family and all of you really helps me get through all of this. We are going to the hospital now so, we'll keep you posted!
      *BILLIE JOE*

Comment

What a terrific attitude you have Tori! You sound so strong and I'm sure that "spunk" will be incredibly helpful as you recover. You are in our prayers for a safe and successful surgery.

Tell your Mom if she gets a minute to post how things went -- we'll all be waiting to hear the good news that you are on the "other side!" Ann

Comment

Good luck Tori (and Mom)! You will be in my prayers - hope your surgery is uncomplicated and recovery speedy and uneventful.

Renee

Comment

Sending prayers up for Tori this morning and for mom and the rest of the family. Praying for a successful surgery and wonderful nurses to take care of her until she gets home.

Cheryl M
            NCM

Comment

Tori,
              I pray everything goes very well and you have an uncomplicated recovery.
              Wishing you the best on your recovery journey!!
              Kate

Comment

Tori is out of surgery!

Hello Everyone,
                Tori had her surgery today. It went very well. She was fused from T6-L1 and she did have the thorocoplasty. She did really well in surgery, the surgeon was very pleased with the results! What a long day! We are up in a room and Tori is just really sleepy.
                Thank you everyone for all of your positive thoughts and prayers. We couldn't have done it without everyone on this site.
                Many Thanks,
                *BILLIE JOE*

Comment

So great to hear Tori did well today. I have been wondering about her all day. I guess it must be a relief to have the surgery over....I think the waiting is the hardest. I will be glad when June 19th is here and I can get on here and tell everyone that Shelby is out of surgery and doing well.

God Bless,
                  Kathy

Comment

So glad to hear the surgery was successful-welcome to "the other side"! an exciting place to be - hope recovery goes just as smoothly.

Renee

Comment

Many good thoughts to Tori! It sounds like she did great! Lynne

Comment

In case you need any thoughts from someone in almost exactly the situation you are in, let me know. Last July, my daughter Erica went in for surgery with what was by then about 75 degree curve and had thoracoplasty. It seems to be quite rare for people like you and me to chose thoracoplasty, so feel free to let me know if you have any concerns since we had that part of surgery as well. I will be glad to share, anyway, but with all those who have posted their care as well, I just wanted to emphasize that part of my family's experience that I found rare to share at the time. Glad she is doing well! Kris

Comment

Hurrah! It's over! Sending good wishes and heartfelt prayers your way for an uneventful recovery. Tori...you go girl! Ann

Comment

So glad that Tori is doing well and the surgery is now behind her. The waiting is truly the hardest part as now you and Tori can start to focus on her recovery. Each day will get better although it is rough at first. Please know you have many of us praying for her recovery and for your family.

Connie

Comment

Thank you for all of your good wishes!
                              Tori is doing well. Today may be a difficult day as they plan to sit her up in a chair for the first time. Time seems to stand still here. Tori has been sleepy since surgery and we are looking forward to having her more alert, but I'm sure it will be hard to see her so uncofortable from getting up.
                              You all know what this is like. Now I'm glad we prayed for so many going through this because it is not easy.
                              Please keep sending positive energy! We'll keep you posted!!
                              Patricia
                              *BILLIE JOE*

Comment

Working...
                              X