Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update my daughter came home from hospital...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update my daughter came home from hospital...

She had a 7.5 hour posterior and anterior spinal fusion surgery for spondy 75% slippage(as they found out after the surgery started, they had thought is was about 50%) of her L5 vertebre. She now has a bracket, 2 small rods and 4 screws fusing 2 of her vertebre together. I am sure she is at least an inch taller!! There was such a tilt in her upper body from the slip that she was never standing completely erect. She spent 4 nights in the hospital. Thanks for all the support I received prior to the surgery!!!

Momof3
    Glad to hear that surgery went well for your daughter. Crystal tilted to one side after her surgery, and it was actually in the opposite direction from before surgery. When I asked the PT about it while she was in the hospital, he told me that it would improve and for the correction the doctor had gotten, she should just about stand square. Guess what, a year later and she stands square. Just give it some time. She's also 2 - 2 1/2 inches taller now.

Wait until your one year appointment. It is a cause for celebration.

Again, congrats on surgery being over.

Comment

I'm glad your daughter's surgery went well. It's always good to hear of another successful surgery! Good wishes on her recovery -

Renee

Comment

Glad to hear about the successful surgery! Many more speedy recovery vibes coming your way.
        Carmell
        mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Working...
        X