PDA

View Full Version : anger

Mobee211
05-22-2006, 11:07 AM
I had juvenile hypothyroid as a kid and was put on thyroid replacement hormones. This caused me to gain 6 inches in one year. OF course tihs was also when I developed scoliosis. Scoliosis develops during rapid growth spurts. If they (the docs) had been watching me closely and hadn't been negligent about this, I'd probably never be in this situation. I'm so angry at my doctors for everything they have failed to do and all the crap I have had to go through.

sweetness514
05-22-2006, 03:15 PM
I didn't know that scoliosis happened when we grow a lot...I wasn't very tall and didn't grow that much(I'm 5'5 after surgery, was 5'4 before).

Well if you're angry I can relate. I've been angry at my doctors many times, and sometimes think that I had a non union b/c of their lack of supervision and they didn't tell me about all my restrictions, but in the end the anger will kill me and I can't know for sure. Life I guess.

Shari
05-24-2006, 01:27 AM
Hi Mobee,

Speaking from experience, don't let the anger that you feel about what you have to deal with, consume you. It will only compound your problems. You are still young, and just know that life is always going to throw you "curve" balls.

It's not easy, but remember that what you have, can be corrected. Don't let it keep you from following your dreams.

Shari