Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

curious... anyone else have straightening of c-spine lordosis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curious... anyone else have straightening of c-spine lordosis?

I just noticed a that all my x-rays and scans of different nature from the past three years noted that my cervical spine lordosis has straightened. Every single radiology report states that the cause was most likely due to muscle spasm.

I don't feel any muscle spasms... though I have gotten them in my neck on a rare occation in the past.

I'm curious what other cause there might be, anyone got any ideas? I do know that I was late to hold my head up on my own I think I was close to a year old before I was able to do that without assistance. (But my head is on the bigger side so.. it might have just been the sheer weight that caused the delay )
    30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
    2005 - T50, L31
    bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
    2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
    Post - op curve ~35

curve correction

Were you fused in thoracic and/or lumbar area? I have a 10 degree correction in my thoracic region caused by fusion above and below the curve.

Comment

nope .. I'm not fused at all
      30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
      2005 - T50, L31

2011 - T60, L32
      2013 - T68, L?

Post - op curve ~35

Comment

Hi Green...

I think it's relatively common to have little or no cervical lordosis. I think I remember reading something about it being especially common after a whiplash injury.

My neck is about the straightest part of my spine. I do range of motion exercises every day (taught to me by a chiropractor), and most of the time, I have no neck pain.

Regards,
        Linda
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Thanks for the tid bit Linda,

I don't ever remember having a whipplash but maybe I did... When I was younger I'd occationally feel my facet joints grind and lock for short periods of time (mere seconds) so I guess it's entirely possible I sustained an injury sometime around then.
          30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
          2005 - T50, L31

2011 - T60, L32
          2013 - T68, L?

Post - op curve ~35

Comment

My chiropractor told me that the kyphosis of my c-spine could be due to a whiplash I had in my early teens.
            2L8 2B STR8

Comment

My chiropractor mentioned something the other day that my neck looked like it was getting the natural curve back in it. I guess it was straightening out or I was being lazy or something, but that day it had a curve. I guess it isnt just me. i do notice sometimes though that is is prety straight rather than curved.

Comment

Yea! Great if it's getting better! OH--and congrats on your 100th post!
                2L8 2B STR8

Comment

Working...
                X