Finally the wait is almost over....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally the wait is almost over....

well I finally got my info in the mail yesterday with all the tests listed for June 1st & my blood & vitamin info. It seems like ages ago when I set this surgery up but now I just blink & the weeks go by! I get another MRI(lovely) EKG,Echocardiogram & bone density test...does'nt sound all too bad....
    Waiting since January, I can tell you all I am more than ready to get this all over with. By this time, I have reached the saturation point on scoliosis information!!! I think I'm more than ready to go. Let's see if I feel the same way the last week of July...................Ly

surg..aug 1st post/ant....

You go, girl.....

You're right, the next couple of months are going to fly. Have I mentioned lately how glad I am that you're doing this before I am??

Chris
    Chris
    A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
    Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
    Post-op curve: 12 degrees
    Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Singer,
      I'll pave the way for ya kiddo.....too bad you are'nt going around my timing, we could be roomies!

Comment

Mine may be soon

Lynn,

My daughter is doing better, and I decided I can't live with the pain until next year, so am going to see one of the two surgeons who will be doing the surgery on June 7 and talk to them about when we can set the date.

My husband and I had talked about doing it before Christmas with him taking 2 weeks off and my daughter being home 2 weeks for Xmas break. THere is also the possiblity of still getting it scheduled for this summer; possibly mid or late July as she would still be home most of August to help and my husband wouldn't have to take as much time off (since he just had 2 months off for his own foot surgery.).

Will let you know how it goes.

Deb

Comment

Suggestion

If you have the choice --try not scheduling surgery in a teaching hosp the first 2 weeks of July--- because-- that's when all the new interns and residents who help your surgeon start--and it takes them a
          couple of weeks to get used to the new environment. Also nursing staffing tends to be lower.
          Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
          Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

It's Aug. 1st... so I hope I'm ok.! I was kind of concerned about many staff members being on vacation then...but that's when I have help from my family. Ly

Comment

Not sure if it is a teaching hospital

I'm not sure if Butterworth Campus (Spectrum Health hospitals) in Grand Rapids, MI is considered a teaching hospital or not. That's a good question to ask at my appointment, whether the regular staff is all on vacations in July.

Deb

Comment

Working...
              X