stomach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stomach

I have a crease across on my upper stomach, which I thought it was due to my fat stomach roll, but my skinny daughter (she has scoliosis) has the same crease now. Does anyone know if this can be from the scoliosis?

Thanks
    Sue

I have no idea. I have a crease from my squished up body for so many years. It's finally starting to level out though now after surgery.
    Weird.
    36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
    Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
    Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
    Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
    Curve post op = 20 degrees
    No pain anymore!!
    Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

If you think about it, with the scoliosis one side is lengthened and one side is compressed. You could be really skinny and look like you have a fat roll when really it is just from the curve. I dont remember the whole concave convex thing, but i will just use this instead, if this ( is the spine the Lt side would be the lengthened side and the roll would be on the curved in Rt side.

Comment

I have always hated the "roll" that would hang over the top of my pants like I was "fat". I had friends that weighed a lot more than me but looked thinner. I had my surgery in Jan 05, I gained about 2 1/2" in height since my surgery. I still have the "roll" but its not as bad or as noticeable.

Comment

I am very slim and I do not notice many rolls but when I bend over a roll started to appear above my stomach.
          Adolescent Idiopathic Thoracic Lumbar Scoliosis

Back Pain started in October 2001
          Diagnosed - June 2003

Thoracic and Lumbar curves- 37 degrees
          Started Hospital examination - June 2003
          Discharged from hospital - November 2006

Comment

little buddha....

I was hoping that after this upcoming surgery I don't have multiple rolls of fat in my stomach. I have to say I feel like a little buddha doll... I know woman have a change in their bodies thru menopause but this is too much!!! I lose an inch, I get another roll of fat... Please tell me some will go away...I feel like it looks like a beer belly..& I don't even drink beer!

surgery this Aug.............http://lynnebackattack.blogspot.com

Comment

Wow--I always wondered why my "belly roll" was bigger on one side...
              But I know the main reason I have it (and all the others!). I LOOOVE junkfood!
              2L8 2B STR8

Comment

Hello Suzyjay,

Pre-op I had a diagonal crease on my belly and on my back that was at different angles. Post-op the creases are gone.

Kindest Regards,
                Gail

Comment

Working...
                X