I've been cleared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been cleared!

Hey, everyone! I went to Dr. Kuwamura on Wednesday and he said my healing was excellent! It was SO good that he told me to keep doing what I am doing, plus cleaning the house and such (I knew there was a down side to getting better). I am six months post-op and I am officially healed. I do not have to see my doctor again for a year! He showed the growth that has already taken place! I am still wearing the brace for comfort when I walk long distances and when I am in the car. Other than that...I walk straighter and feel better than I have in 10 years at least! Linda

That is wonderful that your recovery and healing have gone so smoothly! Congratulations on the great report. I know you must be so happy. I see you still ocassionally use the brace for comfort and security. I guess you kinda like the thing!! LOL I am happy for you that you have passed the big test!!

Comment

FABULOUS!! That is so great.
      Chris
      A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
      Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
      Post-op curve: 12 degrees
      Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Another positive outcome!

Yea Linda!
        You are an inspiration to those who follow in your footsteps, congrats on the wonderful progress. Another SUCCESS story for those who still wonder if they should have surgery....... I am truley ecstatic at how well everything has gone for you. All my best, Suzy

Comment

me too!!!
          Lynne

Comment

Yay! Linda, I'm so happy for you! This is great news! Keep doing what you're doing!
            36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
            Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
            Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
            Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
            Curve post op = 20 degrees
            No pain anymore!!
            Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

Congrats, Linda! That is wonderful news. I wish you continued health and healing.

Brandi
              Brandi
              Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
              Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
              L1-S1
              Dr. William Lauerman
              Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
              Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
              http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
              X