hello I am new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello I am new

I am new to this forum and am so glad to have found somewhere to at least have others finally understand what it is like to have this thing. My curve was diagnosed at 14 but received no treatment and it really didn't bother much until I hit 40. In the past 8 years my thoracic curve has progressed from 37 degrees to almost 60 and the lumbar one id approaching 40. My pain is severe and 24/7. I have been trying to find a surgeon to at least se me and be up front about the chances of it being useful. I finally have the names of a couple but wasted time seeing 2 who a) weren't interested in getting new patients but didn't let me know and b) weren't capable of doing the surgery. What a waste of my time. I have tried all the usual non surgical stuff with nothing helping and I now think that my lumbar spine has some stenosis as I get terrible sciatica when standing, bending etc and if I have to lay flat for tests then I am basically paralyzed for a short time after I am allowed to move again - it is almost like having and epidural in pregnacy and very scary. Anyhow I am just here to say how great it is to see I am not alone in this anymore. Thanks for listening
    Nancy

Good Luck!
    Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
    L2 to T4
    Braced for 4 years
    Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

Hi Nancy,

You sound just like me...I'm new also...I get so stiff, I can't stand longer than 15-20 min in the kitchen...I have to lay on the floor and stretch it out....pain has gone outta control....
      I'm 45 at it has just shifted in the last 4 years 13 degrees
      i'm looking into surgery
      CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
      fused T4 -L3
      Hip graft
      Grown 1 1/2 inches
      25/o upper T 15/o
      53/o T 15/o
      37/o L 6/o
      Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
      New York City