You meet the nicest people here!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You meet the nicest people here!!

On Saturday I had the pleasure of meeting Theresa who lives in the Houston area like I do. We met at the mall and spent almost 3 hours together getting acquainted and sharing our scoliosis history as well as a little about our families. It was really amazing how much we have in common both family related and scoliosis related. With her surgery being as major as mine will be, it gave me so much insight. We went to a private area (nursing mother's room) and she showed me what the scars look like all the way down her back as well as the scars from the anterior approach of her surgery. She had some complications that I pray I don't have, but she demonstrated how one can go through this horrible surgery and still be positive and look great also.

I can't tell you how much this helped me understand and know more about where I will be two years post-op. I asked her about things that dropped on the floor and whether she could pick them up easily. She demonstrated for me and looked perfectly normal picking up something she dropped.

Thanks Theresa!!!

Hi Marcia,

I really enjoyed our afternoon together!!!!!! I really want to hear more about your computer crafts next time. See you in June sometime once everything else calms down.
    Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
    Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
    Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
    Fused T2 to sacrum
    June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
    MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

That's really awesome. I'm always talking to my husband about this one or that one from my scoliosis board. Even though I have never met any of you, it feels like were old aquaintances. I told my husband, I wish someone (not me, I'm not good at planning and so forth)would organize a retreat weekend somewhereand we could meet each other in person and swap war stories

Brandi
      Brandi
      Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
      Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
      L1-S1
      Dr. William Lauerman
      Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
      Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
      http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
      X