Shoulder Blade Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoulder Blade Pain

I have on and off pain that sometimes becomes worse at night in my scapula, and i was wondering if it has to do with scoliosis because i only have one curve, and its lumbar. should i have it xrayed cause i dont know what to do.
    ~Wanda~
    40TL curve pre op
    Posterior Spinal Fusion with Dr. Pablo Marrero
    San Jorge Children's Hospital in Puerto Rico
    June 7, 2006
    post op curve: 16

Hi Wanda...

It's certainly possible that you've developed a new curve. Or, it could be something as simple as a temporary injury, or a bad sleep position. It's not an emergency, but you should definitely let your doctor know about it.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

hi linda, thanks a lot for replying. Actually i was recently xrayed and i have not a single thoracic curve. ive remembered i had these pains since 4 months ago and they have not gone away. at first it was a dull ache that came every other day but now i noticed that i get it daily and its increased in intensity...
      ~Wanda~
      40TL curve pre op
      Posterior Spinal Fusion with Dr. Pablo Marrero
      San Jorge Children's Hospital in Puerto Rico
      June 7, 2006
      post op curve: 16

Comment

I get alot of back pain with my scoliosis which involves my neck, shoulder blades, shoulders, ribs (sides), spine, lower spine and hips so yes I assume that scoliosis is responsible.
        Adolescent Idiopathic Thoracic Lumbar Scoliosis

Back Pain started in October 2001
        Diagnosed - June 2003

Thoracic and Lumbar curves- 37 degrees
        Started Hospital examination - June 2003
        Discharged from hospital - November 2006

Comment

Yeah, I think that with scoliosis and the way it moves stuff aroudn in your back, aches and pains are going to happen. I know it has with me sometimes. But let your doctor know next time you see him.
          Scoliosis for 8 years, Milwaukee, Providence & Boston braces. 35T 42L Dx'd with Chiari Malformation 8/06, decompression surgery + duraplasty 11/24/06.

Comment

My scoliosis is single curve thoracic region and I do have a harrington rod. I have pain sometimes under my right shoulderblade. I've noticed that it's worse when I allow my right shoulder to round a lot during the day - sitting at a desk mostly.

I found a GREAT massuese that helps a lot when it gets too aggravating, however, I have also learned that core strength training helps tremendously. If I keep my core strength (think Pilates/Yoga) up, and remain aware of my posture... there's no pain. Simple solution, or so it seems. Training yourself to be aware of your posture is important... not easy... but important.

Also... I try not to use a 'regular' chair. I actually sit on a balance ball. Keeps my core muscles engaged all the time to keep upright and keeps me from slumping, which is a sure way to aggravate things!

Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
            X