PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder Blade Pain

ScoliGal
04-30-2006, 06:12 PM
I have on and off pain that sometimes becomes worse at night in my scapula, and i was wondering if it has to do with scoliosis because i only have one curve, and its lumbar. should i have it xrayed cause i dont know what to do.

LindaRacine
04-30-2006, 06:24 PM
Hi Wanda...

It's certainly possible that you've developed a new curve. Or, it could be something as simple as a temporary injury, or a bad sleep position. It's not an emergency, but you should definitely let your doctor know about it.

Regards,
Linda

ScoliGal
04-30-2006, 07:43 PM
hi linda, thanks a lot for replying. Actually i was recently xrayed and i have not a single thoracic curve. ive remembered i had these pains since 4 months ago and they have not gone away. at first it was a dull ache that came every other day but now i noticed that i get it daily and its increased in intensity...

Jadey
05-06-2006, 07:47 PM
I get alot of back pain with my scoliosis which involves my neck, shoulder blades, shoulders, ribs (sides), spine, lower spine and hips so yes I assume that scoliosis is responsible.

drummergrl
05-06-2006, 09:02 PM
Yeah, I think that with scoliosis and the way it moves stuff aroudn in your back, aches and pains are going to happen. I know it has with me sometimes. But let your doctor know next time you see him.

28yrs&counting
05-08-2006, 10:05 AM
My scoliosis is single curve thoracic region and I do have a harrington rod. I have pain sometimes under my right shoulderblade. I've noticed that it's worse when I allow my right shoulder to round a lot during the day - sitting at a desk mostly.

I found a GREAT massuese that helps a lot when it gets too aggravating, however, I have also learned that core strength training helps tremendously. If I keep my core strength (think Pilates/Yoga) up, and remain aware of my posture... there's no pain. Simple solution, or so it seems. Training yourself to be aware of your posture is important... not easy... but important.

Also... I try not to use a 'regular' chair. I actually sit on a balance ball. Keeps my core muscles engaged all the time to keep upright and keeps me from slumping, which is a sure way to aggravate things!

Good Luck!