leaning forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaning forward

My son just had a spinal fusion. It looked as though things were going really well right after the surgery but now, 4 months later, he is leaning forward as the day progresses. He starts off the day perfectly straight and upright and then begins to lean forward as the day progresses. I'm worried he may have a complication or flat back. Has anyone had a similar issue.

Hi David...

What does the surgeon say? I think that leaning forward, especially as the day progresses, is a response to lower back pain. So while he may have flatback, the forward position doesn't necessarily equate to that.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

The surgeon, who is dr. raymond morrissy, is somewhat confused. He is checking with Paul Sponseller at Johns Hopkins as my son also has Marfan syndrome, though I'm not sure how/why that should impact things.

My son says he is not in pain. But it's as if his muscles tighten up/get tired. When he stretches out a little, he can straighten up for a while but it won't last long. He seems especially still after sitting. He was fused from t3 to l4.

Comment

Working...
      X