Cervical curves??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cervical curves??

I haven't posted on here in months, but I'm really rattled now. I had a complete fusion in July 99 with wonderful success. I'm fused throughout my entire thoracic & lumbar vertebrae. All has been well. I noticed that I had sort of a "lump" behind my neck/on my shoulders about a month ago. I assumed it was back fat b/c I had a baby 5 mos ago & am still shedding the last 20-some pounds. However, I realized today that it's not fat. It is definitely my spine, & I am concerned that it's beginning to curve above my fusion.

I can't call my doctor until Monday, & I will have to go thru all sorts of hoops to get to an orthopede because my husband is in the military, & TriCare isn't precisely efficient. So I'm looking for someone - anyone - who has had or currently has a cervical curve. What kind of treatment did you have, etc. I'm shaken up b/c I thought I was done dealing with this. Thanks much.

Hi...

Are you sure it's your spine and not the top of the rod?

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Linda - yes, it's too large (several inches, up towards my neck) and too high to be the top of my rods.

Plus I'm not sure why they'd suddenly be showing now, 7 years later. This developed within the last few months, since I had my son. I'm afraid something was aggravated by pregnancy or childbirth.

Comment

Hi...

Well, no matter what, it isn't an emergency, but you should definitely start the procedure to get a referral. In the meantime, hopefully your primary care doctor can send you for an xray.

Regards,
        Linda
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
        X