Bible verse for scoliosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bible verse for scoliosis

My daughter and I are reading through the Psalms and I came to a verse which stands out for those of us with scoliosis and I want to share it.

It is in Psalms 146:8, NIV

"The Lord opens the eyes of the blind;
    The Lord raises those who are bowed down;
    The Lord loves the righteous."

For those of us who feel that our curved spines are causing us to be bowed down, it is saying that the Lord raises us up! This is a great encouragement to me that he knows about our condition and cares enough to reach down and help us up.

There are many ways that the Lord can raise us up. He can raise us up physically through medical treatments from doctors such as therapy, bracing, and surgery. He can also raise us up when we are bowed down emotionally in our spirits from scoliosis. This can be through encouragement and support from other people he sends into our lives such as fellow sufferers on this forum, friends, family members, and others who are understanding.

Yes, he really cares! When I feel sorry for myself and wonder "why me?", there is another passage in John 9 where the disciples asked Jesus about a blind man, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?"

Jesus answered, "Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life."

I need to keep myself thinking, "How can I enable God to display his work in my life through this scoliosis?"

Many of you sharing your stories on this forum have been showing me how God is very much displaying his great work through your journey through scoliosis and I am greatly amazed at his love and work in your lives.

Thank you so much.

Deb Collin

Thank you Deb, for blessing me with that insight... God bless u... JoAnn

Comment

Deb,

You made my day. Thanks for sharing your beautiful sentiments.

Chris

Comment

I agree...thank you.

Comment

Hi Deb,
          thks for the inspiring words... I hope you don't mind if I add something for me and Singer...

The Lord raises us up...& Dr. Boachie straightens us up!

Comment

Hi Deb,

I too, want to thank you for your very inspirational and thought provoking words. I am ashamed to say that I can't count the number of times I have questioned, "why me". It wouldn't be honest of me not to admit that I have often wondered why I was blessed with so many gifts, then cursed with an illness, that over the years has in one way or another, prevented me from using them. You have touched on the subject that has caused an overwhelming amount of guilt in my life (as I type with tears in my eyes)!!!

All I can say is WOW!

To Lynne,

To your comment, lots of !!!

Shari

Comment

Wonderful

Thanks so much for sharing that with us, it made my day, thanks again.

Comment

Thanks for sharing that...I am feeling really down today-you've given me something to think about....

Renee

Comment

Working...
                X