I had my baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had my baby

Hi everyone. I have been away from the forum for a while b/c I went into early labor at nearly 34 weeks and delivered my little girl on April 6th. I was able to deliver vaginally, no epidural, but did have some pain medication. My back was totally fine throughout the whole labor process...the rods and screws are still intact, etc. My back continues to feel fine and hardly bothered me during my pregnancy. My daughter was in the NICU for just a week and is home and doing fine.

Just wanted to let you all know b/c I know there are others out there who had the surgery and are concerned about pregnancy and childbirth...

Heather
    Heather
    Surgery date: April 20, 2004
    Anterior/posterior surgery
    Fused T-11 to L-5
    Pre op lumbar curve: 70 degrees, thoracic curve: 42 degrees
    Post op lumbar curve: 19 degrees, thoracic curve: 18
    Surgeon: Dr. Boachie-Adjei
    Had successful pregnancy and birth 2 years post-op

Congratulations! Glad to hear everyone is doing fine.
    36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
    Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
    Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
    Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
    Curve post op = 20 degrees
    No pain anymore!!
    Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

Congratulations and welcome back!
      Brandi
      Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
      Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
      L1-S1
      Dr. William Lauerman
      Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
      Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
      http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

Heather, How wonderful!! There is no greater gift from God than that of a newborn baby! How blessed that all went well and that you and the little daughter are fine now! Please give her a little kiss from me... and a hug for you!

JoAnn

Comment

Heather,
          congrats again!!!!! Lynne

Comment

That's so great!

Congratulations and best wishes,
            Chris
            Chris
            A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
            Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
            Post-op curve: 12 degrees
            Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Congratulations on the new baby! And best wishes for continued good health.

Chris

Comment

Congratulations Heather! Your post will certainly serve to encourage other ladies hoping to have children.

Kindest Regards,
                Gail

Comment

Congratulations! I'm glad that both of you are doing so well! Take care of yourselves!

Comment

Congratulations!!! I am glad to hear you did so well and have a healthy baby and are a healthy mother!!

Comment

Congratulations

Did they say if they could see any reason why the baby came 6 weeks early?

Deb

Comment

Heather ~
                        CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

And...thank you so much for posting the great news! One of my concerns with having the surgery was the ability to have children afterwards. My husband and I will most likely try to begin adding on to our family within the next year and the positive news of your pregnancy and delivery has given me even more hope!

Comment

Congrats

Hi Heather

Congrats!!!!! I am so happy that all went well for you and your baby... have you decided on a name yet? i would like to know (how about April for the month she was born in lol). Congrats again and all the best in the future.

Comment

Heather, isn't it wonderful to hear from people like Heidi who are helped by you sharing your past concerns? I am glad to see that at least one scoli person has responded that they feel more hope since you shared your success. Congratulations on motherhood and sharing with others both! Kris

Comment

Congratulations Heather!!

I am very happy for you and quite encouraged. A baby is such a Blessing!

I have always been concerned about having a baby because of the scoliosis. I don't know anyone with severe scoliosis (the 2 people I know that have scoliosis has only mild curves). Although I am new to the site and don't know the severity of your condition, it is still encouraging to know that others have gone through pregnancy without major complications.

So you did not have an epidural. Was there a contraindication with the use of an epidural or was it your choice? Well, don't want to ask too much, so congratulations and have a great time with your new bundle of joy.

Cupcake

Comment

Working...
                              X