Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrington Rod in 1977

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with severe scoliosis in the thoracic spine and had the Harrington Rod procedure performed when I was 15 years old back in 1977 and have had a relatively complication- and pain-free life (except for the occasional lower back muscle spasms). Last week, however, I had severe muscle spasms in the right side of my neck (the curve is to the right) and have had pain starting to radiate from the top of my spine, corresponding (I think) to the top of the rod. I'm also getting crepitation and "popping" sensations if I flex my shoulder and back muscles. I have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon next week but I was just wondering if anyone here has experienced anything similar (or knows someone who has experienced anything similar). Now that I'm in my 40's, I don't feel quite as invincible as I did in my teens and twenties . . . :-).

Thanks,

Kirk

Hello Kirk,
    I'm along the same lines as you ..had a rod fitted in 1975 then another in 81 ish....led a great active life..trained ..played everykind of sport to a decent semi proffesional level...now I'm approaching 38 I'm starting to get the odd lower back ache and since I've started to read various forums about flatback etc I'm realising I'm not invincible at all.
    For what its worth my back constantly clicks etc , It doesnt mean its such a bad thing.
    Try not to worry too much and hope it goes well with your appointment

JOOP

Comment

Working...
    X