Spine stapling surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spine stapling surgery

I was wondering if anyone has had their child's spine stapled as apposed to wearing the brace and the outcome of the surgery. I have spoken to one person whose son has had the surgery and it went very well.
    Anyone else who has had it done? Ny understanding is that it is done in Shriners in philly.
    Brian's mom

Hi...

You might want to try a search (see link above) on the word STAPLING. There have been several other discussions on the topic.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

There is a lady here who goes by the name MariaF whose son had the stapling done in Philly, by Dr. D'Andrea and he is doing great! I'm sure she'll respond to you soon.

Mary Lou
      Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

Hi Mary Lou -

Hope all is well. I have actually already had contact with Brian's Mom (Hi Laura!) - and it's great that she is seeking out other parents as well.

Laura - I wanted to mention this site but we always got to other topics and I forgot. Also check out Spinekids. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if there is anyone on there whose child has actually had the stapling - but two moms on there (Kathleen and Amanda) are waiting for surgery dates from Shriners for the stapling. Amanda's daughter is younger but Kathleen's daughter is around Brian's age (10 or 11?) with a curve between 25 and 30 I think, so very similar to your son. She has done extensive research and even got the statistics that I emailed to you from Dr. Betz on the stapling. See if you can catch her on Spinekids - if you have no luck, I will e-mail her and ask her to contact you.
        mariaf305@yahoo.com
        Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
        Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Working...
        X