Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it true that you can progress from a boston to a Milwaukee Brace ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it true that you can progress from a boston to a Milwaukee Brace ?

Well, I've heard that if your curve still progresses in a Boston brace then you can get a Milwaukee Brace? Or for other reasons the docter may change the type of brace you wear. But then other people say that no, the two braces are for differant types of scololsis. I have a 1 30 degree curve and haev just gotten a boston brace, but am terrifed of a Milwaukee Brace. Who should I beileve?

Hi Mrs...

I think the only reason anyone would progress from a Boston brace to a Milwaukee brace is if they develop a new curve, high in their back. I don't think you need to worry.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

I agree with Linda. Doctors don't prescribe a Milwaukee brace unless absolutely necessary. My daughter was prescribed a Milwaukee brace because of her Kyphosis, not her Scoliosis.

Mary Lou
      Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

Yeah, I had a Milwaukee brace for a while because my thoracic curve was high in my back. But recently, my lumbar curve became the problem, so I was switched to a Providence brace to "attack" the lower curves. Oh- and by the way, while I REALLY hope your treatment stays where it is, meaning in the Boston brace, but if you, or anyone ever gets a Milwaukee brace, it really isn't as terrible as you may think! I promise! I'm a living testiment to that quote!!!
        Last edited by drummergrl; 04-10-2006, 10:07 AM.
        Scoliosis for 8 years, Milwaukee, Providence & Boston braces. 35T 42L Dx'd with Chiari Malformation 8/06, decompression surgery + duraplasty 11/24/06.

Comment

omg bekah is posting....now way! lol jk

Yeah...no milwaukee unless you develop a really high curve or kyphosis or something. no worries
          ~Leelee ♪
          [-] 17 years old
          _[-] 12th grade
          [-] scoliosis, 45T and 42 L
          _[-] kyphosis, 67*
          [-] Boston brace for 4 years
          _[-] Stopped 6/8/05 at 4:32 PM

Comment

Hey leelee.... LOL!!!! That was mean! Anyways, yeah, leelee's right! This is a pointless post for me.... sorry!
            Scoliosis for 8 years, Milwaukee, Providence & Boston braces. 35T 42L Dx'd with Chiari Malformation 8/06, decompression surgery + duraplasty 11/24/06.

Comment

Working...
            X