PDA

View Full Version : Is it true that you can progress from a boston to a Milwaukee Brace ?

MrsJamesDean
04-06-2006, 06:47 PM
Well, I've heard that if your curve still progresses in a Boston brace then you can get a Milwaukee Brace? Or for other reasons the docter may change the type of brace you wear. But then other people say that no, the two braces are for differant types of scololsis. I have a 1 30 degree curve and haev just gotten a boston brace, but am terrifed of a Milwaukee Brace. Who should I beileve?

LindaRacine
04-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Hi Mrs...

I think the only reason anyone would progress from a Boston brace to a Milwaukee brace is if they develop a new curve, high in their back. I don't think you need to worry.

Regards,
Linda

Snoopy
04-07-2006, 07:46 AM
I agree with Linda. Doctors don't prescribe a Milwaukee brace unless absolutely necessary. My daughter was prescribed a Milwaukee brace because of her Kyphosis, not her Scoliosis.

Mary Lou

drummergrl
04-10-2006, 10:04 AM
Yeah, I had a Milwaukee brace for a while because my thoracic curve was high in my back. But recently, my lumbar curve became the problem, so I was switched to a Providence brace to "attack" the lower curves. Oh- and by the way, while I REALLY hope your treatment stays where it is, meaning in the Boston brace, but if you, or anyone ever gets a Milwaukee brace, it really isn't as terrible as you may think! I promise! I'm a living testiment to that quote!!! :)

Leelee
04-10-2006, 07:21 PM
omg bekah is posting....now way! ;) lol jk

Yeah...no milwaukee unless you develop a really high curve or kyphosis or something. no worries :)

drummergrl
04-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Hey leelee.... LOL!!!! That was mean! :p Anyways, yeah, leelee's right! This is a pointless post for me.... sorry!