Steri strips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steri strips

How long did it take before your steri strips came off? I had surgery on march 10th and they still havent come off. I didnt know if that was normal or what. I have my 3 week check on monday and we were wondering since they are still on if the doctor would take them off (which i really dont want).
    My name is sierra
    I am 17 years old
    Both my curves are between 55-60 degrees
    I had surgery on March 10th 2006

Post op my curves are 22 on top and 25 on bottom
    I had a selective fussion where they only fussed the top curve hoping the bottom would follow

My daughter's steri-strips were on for 7 weeks.

Mary Lou
    Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

When Carly went in for her two week check up, half of the strips were either off or coming loose, the Dr. took them all off then.

Comment

At 2 weeks my daughters started to get loose around the edges they were sticking up. My doctor told us to start taking them off as soon as the edges started to come up with rubber alcohlic on a cotton ball. She didn't like her incsion touch. I gentley and slowly started taking them off using the alcohlic. It didn't burn because her incsion wasn't open and there was almost no scabbing. I will tell you I could not believe the way the alcohlic melted the glue off the steri- strips. I had them off in about 4 weeks.
        THERESA

Comment

Braydon had surgery on March 13. His steri-strips are getting very dry and itchy (he has very dry skin and we live in a very dry climate). A trick we learned a long time ago is to use vaseline or bacitracin or neosporin. Just before bedtime, put a generous coat of ointment all over the steri-strips. Usually by morning most or all have been rubbed off during the night while sleeping. Braydon HATES having anyone or anything touch his back, ever. The ointment works well. If one treatment doesn't work, a couple of days later we do it again. We've never had to use more than two treatments. Also, showering the next morning helps too.
          Carmell
          mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

they should come off in the shower. i went to see a nurse at 13 days post op for a wound check and she took alternate ones off at that stage. 3 days later another nurse came to our house and took the rest off, no problems. it stung a bit but the longer they stay on i think the easier they come off. mine started to itch so i was glad to be rid of them!
            diagnosed aged 14 (2001)
            braced from july 2001 to february 2003 to hold curves
            fused T11-L3 on july 16th 2005 (aged 18)
            Discharged by surgeon july 11th 2007 (aged 20 and almost 2 years post-op)
            scoliosis support forum

Comment

Working...
            X