one year anniversary post op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one year anniversary post op

I have not posted in awhile just wanted everyone to know.
    Today is my nicoles one year anniversary. She is doing great all restrictions were lifted. She still wears a brace because of her risser and lumbar curve. Her lumbar is holding at 30 we pray it stays at 30 forever. She also wears a lift in her left shoe. The doctor told her once her risser is at 4 she can stop wearing the brace. Hopefully she will get there soon so she could get rite of the brace. She still goes for physical therapy twice a week because she wears the brace 20 hours a day. I would like to thank you all for the suport of this forum. I could have never been able to get through without you all.To all of you who are going to have surgery or are a few weeks, months post- op. Remember this is a light at the end of the tunnel.
    Heres a picture of nicole xray at 1 year and before surgery

Theresa
    Last edited by nicoles mom; 03-30-2006, 07:50 AM.
    THERESA

I always find pre/post-op scoli x-rays strangely beautiful because they represent the journeys we have all taken, and the strength we have gained along the way. Congratulations on being one year post-op and best of luck with the full recovery! I wish I would have known about this site while I was going through all of my surgeries/recoveries.
    ScoliMed is Katie
    22 years old

Diagnosed at 13, thoracic 38, lumbar 49
    Posterior fusion 1999
    Failed, lumbar curve to 70
    Posterior removal 2000
    Anterior fusion 2000, thoracic 26, lumbar 37
    Still in pain, tried almost everything!
    Currently in medical school

Comment

Nicoles Mom,

Congratulations on Nicoles 1 yr anniversary. I remember how excited I was on that day...one of the happiest days of my life.

Kindest Regards,
      Gail

Comment

ScoliMed,

Your statement just blew me away...so beautifully said. I wrote your quote down in the back of my Scoli journal.

I always find pre/post-op scoli x-rays strangely beautiful because they represent the journeys we have all taken, and the strength we have gained along the way.

Kindest Regards,
        Gail

Comment

Hi Theresa
          Congratulations to you and Nicole and big hugs for both of you. It's been a long journey and I'm so glad things are going well for you.
          Love
          Lorrie

Comment

X-Rays to JPG file

Can you please tell me how to get my x-rays to jpg files? Did the facility that took them do that for you or did you do it some how. I would like to keep all my x-rays on a CD for medical history. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Comment

great day

It's A Great Feeling To Be At The 1 Year Mark We Took Her Out For Dinner Friday Nite To Celebrate.
              Lori Hows Genevieve Doing I Hope All Is Good With Her. Great To Hear From You.
              2lucky2 I Sent You A Pm On How To Get Your Xrays On A Jpg File
              Theresa
              THERESA

Comment

Hi Theresa
                Genevieve is doing fine at the moment. She's been off the antibiotics for a couple of months now with no problems. Last lot of xrays looked good - no sign that the rods had moved at all (which would be an indication of infection problems). We have been warned that the infection can rumble on for a very long time and that we must assume that it's still in there lurking but, at present, she's looking good. I'm hoping that the oxygen treatment did te trick for her.
                She had a seizure this week - which she only does rarely - just to keep us on our toes. For once she came out of it without hospitalization though and she seems OK now.
                Love
                Lorrie

Comment

Working...
                X