picking a hospital for surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picking a hospital for surgery

How important is that choice if the surgeon is a member of SRS and has a clean record as reported by Healthgrades. What ought to be my considerations in making this choice and how can I gather data

Are there any statistics on results of surgeries and success rates at various facilites. Where can I gather those numbers

I am located in Seattle Washington and trying to decide if there are any issues with getting operated at say the Swedish Hospital or Overlake Medical Centre as compared to the Univ Of Washington Medical Center.

Hello redmond,
    I'll try to answer some of your questions. First I found this sight when I was researching Dr.'s for my daughter's surgery. I was researching a Dr. in N.Y. named Dr. Boachie and I found this site which has helped me immeasurably.We asked friends, medical people, family for any information on orthopedic surgeons and (particularly medical people) if there was any way to find out how to get info. on a particular Dr. or facility. It is not easy! We went through US news and other publications to try and find ratings on hospitals. If you google ratings on hospitals, you may find your facility pop up. This is no easy task.
    I also posted on this site our surgeons name. I was able to speak with a mother who gave me alot of great information about this Dr.
    Keep reading the various posts and so much valuable information is shared that you will begin to put the pieces of your puzzle together.
    We also did the paid background checks online for the various Dr.'s we were considering. We have found that the personal information on this site has been outstanding.
    Hope this helps you,
    patricia
    *BILLIE JOE*

Comment

Working...
    X