Thoracoplasty Recommended Doctors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoracoplasty Recommended Doctors

Hello all- I want to check to see if anyone has had a thoracoplasty procedure done. If so, do you have some recommendation for doctors that I can contact to get a consultation. I'm located in North Carolina, but it does not matter where the doctor is located, please let me know. I'm having a hard time finding any on the internet.

Thanks-
    Chris

You might want to do a search on this site...see the top of the page for doc in your area
    SandyC

Comment

Chris,

We see Dr. Michael Wattenbarger in Charlotte. He does not do thoracoplasty with spinal fusion. He says it is too painful. Let me know who you eventually see for this. We were told he was the best in our area. We also saw dr. Pete at Shriners in Greenville SC. He's supposed to be really good also but you have to be younger than 18. We decided on Dr. Wattenbarger for a number of reasons but we really liked Dr. Pete.

Are you having spinal fusion as well?

Best of luck to you and let me know what Dr. you decide to see.

Cheryl M
      NCM

Comment

Hi Cheryl-

Thanks very much for the recommendations. I had the spinal fusion when I was 9 years ago in 1989 with the harrington rods. Now I'm 26 and really want to remove the rib hump for cosmetic reasons as well as to relieve pain when I lean up against something. The problem is, its very hard to find experienced doctors who have done this. I really want to find someone who is experienced and to allow an opportunity to meet some recipients of their work so that I can decide if this is something I want to invest in to do.

Thanks again Cheryl, and everyone, if you have had this done, and have more recommendations, keep them coming.

Chris

Comment

You know what...I just realized that I included this in the under 18 category by mistake...I'm 26, I'll post in that room now, thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X