New, question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New, question

My 5 year old daughter had an xray last week due to some abdominal cramping, the technician showed all my kids the xray for fun. While viewing the xray, her spine curved off to the left. I asked the technician about it and she said it might be scholiosis, and she also noted a twist in her spine. I did a visual exam (bending over touching toes) and saw nothing.

We saw her pediatrician today, he examined her and seems to think she may have just moved during her abdominal xray. Pediatrician said her back looks great and would rather not subject her to another xray/radiation. Would you be comfortable with dismissing it?

Hi MoninIL,

I would definitely get another opinion and x-ray. I don't believe one more x-ray would be deadly. I was diagnosed as a small child and I have had so many xrays from childhood through my adult life. You probably will not have any peace of mind until you get another x-ray.

Kindest Regards,
    Gail

Comment

Hi...

I wouldn't just dismiss it, but I also wouldn't subject her to another xray. It's entirely possible that she was not standing straight when the film was taken. Watch her yourself for the signs you find here:

http://www.apta.org/AM/Template.cfm?...ontentID=20446

If you start seeing any signs, then it's probably time to get her looked at.

Regards,
      Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
      X