Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back pain

Hiya

My scoliosis was detected when I had continius back pain. I would like to ask, why do some Scoliosis suffers get back pain, I can't understand why.

Thanks xxxx
    Adolescent Idiopathic Thoracic Lumbar Scoliosis

Back Pain started in October 2001
    Diagnosed - June 2003

Thoracic and Lumbar curves- 37 degrees
    Started Hospital examination - June 2003
    Discharged from hospital - November 2006

Sorry I can't answer your question, I suffer from alot of back pain though and my doctor tells me that it's very uncommun (but I don't really trust everything she says because she has contradicted herself many times). All I can say is that I know what it's like and it really sux...

Comment

My physio told me that most scoliosis back pain was caused by your muscles either being squashed (on the inside of your curve) or stretched (on the outside of your curve. Of course, pain can also be caused by joints wearing unevenly as they rotate and curve.

I think its more amazing that some people with scoliosis don't get pain!
      Double 63(T)/75(L) deg curve with big sideways shift - Surgery in UK on 8th February 2006.
      Post op 30(T)/33(L)
      http://warpedwoman.blogspot.com/

Comment

hey, my name is lindsay, im 15, and am having surgery on june 19 this summer. my curve is 45 degress in a c curve down near my hips. which is extremely painful 95 percent of the time. its because of the muscles and how they are held around the curved spine. when the muscles get weak because of not being used, if they are in the inside of the curve, it causes them to ache. so it all depends on what type of curve you have. plus if you run, it causes pressure on your already curved spine. (ouch!) im a swimmer and have practically stopped swimming b/c of my back. just waiting until summer....

ps i would love to talk. feel free to email me. lroyek@yahoo.com. i know alot about scoliosis if you have any questions.

<3 lindsay

Comment

Jadey

The Spinecor brace solved my son's scoliosis pain issues, and they were major. You should check it out.

Comment

Working...
          X