Im back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im back

I had surgery on march 10th and are now at home for teh rest of teh rcovery. I got sick a few times in the hospitol and threw up. I am slowly getting some what of an appetite back. The stomach hasnt liked this at all. Well the days have been a lot better than the nights. I wake up quite often and want to be turned and or a pain pill. During the days i can get up more and dont need pain pills as often. I will keep you posted on how things go. Im still real stiff and sore but trying to hang in there.
    My name is sierra
    I am 17 years old
    Both my curves are between 55-60 degrees
    I had surgery on March 10th 2006

Post op my curves are 22 on top and 25 on bottom
    I had a selective fussion where they only fussed the top curve hoping the bottom would follow

Good job. Sierra!! It's amazing that you're already on the computer!!! I know this isn't the easiest time for you, but you sound as if you are doing great! Your positive attitude will only help you through the recovery period. My daughter Carly had her surgery four days after you did. I will try to get her to post on this site so the two of you can compare what works during recovery.

Comment

Hi ScoliChick,

It's great to hear that you are home and doing well. I have been praying for you. Hang in there!

Kindest Regards,
      Gail

Comment

Sierra,

So glad you're home. Everyday will be much better than the last and your appetite will come back. I have been praying for you and will continue to pray for your recovery.

Cheryl M
        NCM

Comment

i need answers

well first off this is my first post on this site and i have done a lot of research and found out alot about scoliosis. in january i was diagnosed with the disease and now have a curvature around 45-50 degress. i have read some comments on here about people post-op and had a fw questions about surgery before i have mine on April 17th. what would u rate the pain afeter surgery, is it tolerable or not, and any other advice u feel u want to give me feel free to do so.......thanks Ryan Kelsch
          my name is Ryan Kelsch
          i have a curve of 45-50 degrees
          and my surgery is scheduled for aApril 17th

Comment

Sierra,

Welcome home!!!!!
            Hang in there the worst is over. Every day will get a little easier. My thoughts and prayers are with you. God bless.

Hugs,
            Linda

Comment

Sierra,

Glad to hear you're doing well. Hope your recovery continues to go smoothly and uneventfully.

Ryan,

Welcome! My son (a freshman who just turned 15) had surgery 3 mos. ago. He had a bit of a hard time with the pain immediately post surgery (but maybe due to low pain tolerance). He was off all pain medication about 3 weeks after surgery though and is doing great now (so far). As far as advice, I made sure my son took a multivitamin daily, eating a healthy diet (putting on a few pounds prior to surgery wouldn't hurt, you may lose a few pounds after) getting plenty of rest, and exercise to build lung strength will be helpful. Also, try to cut out "heavy" foods like red meat, dairy, starches a couple days before surgery and eat more soft foods like veggies, fruits, even health drinks because the meds will constipate you and the first bowel movement can be very painful. Ask if the dr. can start you on Colace or some other stool softener as soon as possible after surgery. This was helpful and my son didn't have constipation issues. In the day or two after surgery the hosp. staff will gradually get you sitting up in bed for a few minutes (you may feel dizzy from the meds); then maybe later sitting in a chair and by then walking, first a few steps then longer each time. As uncomfortable as this may be it is the best thing to do. Laying in bed will only make you feel more stiff and painful. If you want to "talk" to another guy your age my son would be more than happy to share his experience and give advice. Good luck to you-

Renee
              Last edited by flowerpower; 03-22-2006, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X