Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3month post-op update

Howdy,

Just wanted to share Joe's post-op appt. yesterday. Can't believe it has already been 3 months! Dr. said x-rays looked good; the spine looks pretty straight - curves are minimal but there is still a "hump" to right shoulder/ribs due to the amount of rotation before surgery. Before surgery this measurement was 22 on scoliometer, now it is at 14. But everything else is good and dr. said Joe may now try jogging, swimming, biking but still needs to be cautious as far as bending, twisting, etc. Well got to go -

take care everyone,

Renee
    Last edited by flowerpower; 03-16-2006, 11:28 AM.

Renee,

How is he with fatigue after school. Briann is still so tired. Is he back to normal in that regard.

So glad to hear the appt. went well and that he is healing nicely.

Cheryl
    NCM

Comment

Hi Cheryl,

Nice to hear from you - as far as fatigue, I can tell Joe is really pushing himself as far as school activities so when he comes home he's not doing a whole lot. I have noticed that he has been sleeping in til the last minute on school mornings and he sleeps in til about 10am on weekends and will usually take at least one 2-hour nap during the week which is unusual for him. He still looks pale to me also. Do you notice this with Briann? Does she take vitamins? I admit I haven't been as diligent about the kids taking vitamins since after Joe's surgery, things have been so hectic I just forget.

I think we should see the fatigue start to diminish in the next few months; when you think about it, their bodies are still doing a great deal of healing. How does Briann's scar look? Have you been using anything on it? I have been using Mederma on Joe's scar and I have noticed the appearance has softened somewhat. It isn't raised like it was a few weeks ago.

Hope everything else is going well in your corner of the world. Take care -

Renee
      Last edited by flowerpower; 03-17-2006, 01:36 AM.

Comment

hi. i had my surgery 3 months ago too and i was wondering if your kids still had pain. im still pretty tired too and very stiff.

Comment

Hi Nicole,

Joe has really been pushing himself to keep up with school, band, etc. and it does wear him out. As for stiffness, I noticed at the dr. appt. the other day he couldn't bend over very far yet. He had some pain in his left hip for a couple of weeks after surgery but he hasn't complained of any pain for quite a while. Hope things get better for you, keep us posted. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Renee

Comment

Working...
          X