Surgery Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery Tomorrow

It certainly has been a long and drawn out process but alas we are almost the the finish line. We go down today and are admitted this afternoon. Sienna will have surgery first thing in the morning.

I admit that I feel very ready because I really want to get this behind us. BUT of course there are also a multitude of concerns and stress that go along with it.

I will be sure to post an update as soon as I get a chance. Thank you all of sharing your stories and support. Knowing that we are not alone in this really helps bring peace and hearing about all of the positive outcomes keeps reminding us that we made tha right choice.......Lisa

My thought and prayers are with you both. It will all be over before you know it. Sending best wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.
    Please post when you can.
    hugs,
    Linda

Comment

Best wishes for an uneventful day. Let us know...

Suzanne

Comment

I wish you all the best & will be thinking of you all...keep us posted.. Lynne

Comment

Lisa,

My prayers for you and Sienna.

Cheryl M
          NCM

Comment

Ditto.

As I write this, I'm praying Sienna is either almost out of surgery or even better -- resting comfortably and pain-free in recovery.

There's a mighty wind blowing in Chicago today -- big sigh of relief, maybe?
            Ann

Comment

Hi Lisa,

Hope all went well for Sienna today. I pray the surgery went smoothly and hope her recovery goes smoothly. How are you?? - exhausted I bet! take care,

Renee

Comment

Hi All!

Sienna did great in surgery and the doctors are really pleased with the results. She was fused anteriorly and posteriorly from T2-L2. She did have some complications as soon as she hit the ICU, a temp spike and inadequet urine output. The temp made me nervous, it reached 105 within about 4 hours post op and finally the tylenol kicked in and brought it down to between 102-103. For some reason she really had a hard fighting the fever and in fact is still running a low grade. She also had some trouble with some lung collapse on the non surgical side and we were really fearing pneumonia.

We came home Monday night so were in the hospital a total of 7 days. Over all she is doing really well. I am trying to encourage her to walk as she really prefers to remain laying. She still does not have much of an appetite and had lost a good amount of weight. Other wise she is doing great! We have a teacher coming to the house next Tuesday so she will slowly begin to transition back into her school work. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers ..........Lisa

Comment

Hi Lisa,

Glad to hear the surgery was a success. You must have had some scary moments with that high fever - at least Sienna is home now and on the road to recovery. The lack of appetite is perfectly normal. I know Joe didn't want to walk much either, I had to push him a little but it's really the best thing for them. Hope things continue to go well, you try and get some rest too! Take care and keep us posted.

Renee

Comment

Working...
                  X