surgery warm-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surgery warm-up

So here it is only a few days till Carly's surgery. She is scheduled for Tuesday. Last week one of my co-workers came to work with a really bad cold--I made here go home because I was so paranoid in getting sick and then passing it to Carly! Yay, it was great when she went home because then I was finally in the clear. (after spraying Lysol over her work area and wiping down her desk, computer and phone with anti-bacterial wipes). Thursday evening, Carly calls me at work and tells me that as she was sitting down on the couch, a pencil must have been somehow sticking up, and she landed on the pencil which went through her jeans and into her leg. She pulled it out and said it hurt. I told her it was probably no big deal, when I got home from work she said it was still hurting alot. We washed it out and put neosporin on it. Next morning she woke up and said it still hurt. It didn't look bad, just a small black puncture wound. So she went to school. Of course at work I was worrying all day. I work for a dr. (ophthalmologist) but I asked him if I should be concerned. He said to have Carly come to the office after school and he would look at it. My mom brought her over after school. Now there was a red, quarter sized circle around the puncture wound. The dr. looked at it and said I better call her orthopedist. Orthopedist sent us to the Emergency Room so the orthopidic resident could look at it. They X-rayed it, he numbed it and dug in really deep looking for pieces of the lead. He never found anything, so he put her on a strong antibiotic just in case. We have to call the surgeon Monday morning, but she is feeling much better today, so I am hoping all is well. Just goes to show you, no matter how careful you think you are being, freak accidents can still happen!!! Keep us in your thoughts and prayers that leg continues to heal and surgery will go as planned Tues.

Hi Suzmob,

I had to laugh about the coworker. I have been so freaked out about Sienna getting sick that I have threatened ot pull her out of school for the last 4 weeks. Poor kid has been talking Airborn for the past 2 weeks regularly with extra vit. C supplements. But you are right, we can only control so much (unfortunately )

Sounds like you've made it! You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Sienna goes in today, surgery scheduled first thing tomorrow morning (Monday).....Lisa

Comment

Lisa,

We'll be thinking of you both. See you on the other side--

Suzanne

Comment

Hi to both Moms,

I was also paranoid about us getting sick, especially my daughter. I had lysol cans in every room. Hand sanitizer in every car and in every purse. We skipped thanksgiving with family and went to the mountains by ourself. My friends still laugh at my paranoia but Briann did not get sick so whether it was luck or good sanitizing, I'll never know.

My best and prayers to you both for a successful surgery and a quick and uneventful recovery. May God give you all strength in the coming weeks.

Cheryl M.
        NCM

Comment

Good luck to you both. We'll be praying for successful surgeries and uneventful recuperations. So very soon, you'll be on the other side and it's a great place to be!

Bountiful blessings to you. Ann

Comment

Working...
          X