Its time for surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its time for surgery

Thanks for everything all. I do apreciate it. It is about time to be leaving for surgery so. I will update when i can. Wish me luck. I know everything will be fine but i just cant wait to be on the other side and out of the hospitol. Thanks again. This site has helped me so much.
    My name is sierra
    I am 17 years old
    Both my curves are between 55-60 degrees
    I had surgery on March 10th 2006

Post op my curves are 22 on top and 25 on bottom
    I had a selective fussion where they only fussed the top curve hoping the bottom would follow

Good luck and please know you will be in my prayers as well today and in the coming weeks. My daughter is a little over 3 months post-op and it is so good to be in the healing process. You will be on the other side soon and I pray for a complete and uncomplicated recovery for you. Please let us know how you are doing when you can.

Connie

Comment

Sierra,

You should be out of surgery soon. My prayers for you today. I just know that your surgery was successful. I pray for the nurses who will be taking care of you. There are some great nurses out there and I just pray that they will be assigned to you. Let us hear from you soon.

Cheryl M
      NCM

Comment

Sierra,
        My thoughts and prayers are with you. You will be writing us in no time. Heres wishing you a very successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Hugs,
        Linda

Comment

A quick note from Sierra's mom......surgery went very well yesterday. They fused T4-T12 and it went great. Not much blood loss, no transfusion needed and he thinks he got her to about 15 degrees or so. Time will tell if the top straightening pulls the bottom curve straight, so she may be a little off kilter for awhile, but not to worry. She did get a little sick last night from anesthesia but they gave her something in IV. She is sleeping alot but they turn her often and she is glad when it's time to turn Today she sits up, tomorrow - walking. Nice they have computers in hospital to use for parents! Thanks for all the prayers and happy thoughts. You have all helped her get through this more than you know!
          My name is sierra
          I am 17 years old
          Both my curves are between 55-60 degrees
          I had surgery on March 10th 2006

Post op my curves are 22 on top and 25 on bottom
          I had a selective fussion where they only fussed the top curve hoping the bottom would follow

Comment

Sierra's Mom,

So glad to hear things went well yesterday. My daughter had surgery in November and we are at the three month mark. The first few weeks are hard. She will improve dramatically once you get home. My prayers for you as her mom. I know how hard it is to see your child have to go through something like this but our kids are remarkable and they bounce back so quickly. Make her walk as much as you can. That seemed to help everything and also helps get the bowels started again.

My continued prayers for all of you.

Cheryl M
            NCM

Comment

Dear Sierra and Sierras mom,

Wonderful news. Each day will get better and better. Hang in there sweetie.
              ((((((((((((SIERRA)))))))))))))))Please keep us posted on her recovery.

Much Love,
              Linda

Comment

Working...
              X