Surgery Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery Friday

Well I am going in for surgery friday. I have one day left and am getting nervous. Any last minute advice anyone can give me? I would appreciate it. I am confident that everything will go very smoothly so i am trying not to worry to much. The worse part for me I think will be all the pain and how much restrictions they put you on and b/c of the pain and stiffness. Thanks for all your support and everything else. You have made the wait so much easier.
    My name is sierra
    I am 17 years old
    Both my curves are between 55-60 degrees
    I had surgery on March 10th 2006

Post op my curves are 22 on top and 25 on bottom
    I had a selective fussion where they only fussed the top curve hoping the bottom would follow

Hi Sierra,

I will put your name in my prayer journal and I will be praying for you...your fear, the success of your surgery and I will be praying for your surgeon. It will all be behind you soon. May God heal your body completely and quickly after surgery.

Kindest Regards,
    Gail

Comment

Sierra,

I pray that your surgery will be uncomplicated, your recovery uneventful and that you will be as happy as the rest of the post-op kids to have this behind you! Stay strong and take care -

Renee

Comment

Good Luck

Hi Sierra,

I just wanted to wish you all the best for Friday and hope eveything goes well for you as I am sure it will Good luck to your parents too as I am sure they are worried for you. ( As us parents do cos its our job )

Its so long ago since I had the surgery I cant remember all the finer details to offer any tips on recovery except monitor your iron levels as they can be low after such an opp and this can slow down your recovery and may be one of the reasons for low energy levels post opp take care.

Cheers JenQ

Comment

Sierra,

I will also be praying for you, your family, your doctors and nurses. Please have someone post if possible and let us know how you're doing. It will be hard to walk at first but they made my daughter get up the first day after surgery and she walked out the door and back. After that she got up at least 2x per day walked down the hall and back. Walk! Walk! Walk! Even when you don't feel like it. Also, breathe in that little machine as much as you can to keep your lungs open. IT was hard for us to remember because Briann slept so much but make sure your parents know to make you do this.

My best and prayers for you! You are going to do just great!

Cheryl
          NCM

Comment

Working...
          X