Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post op six months next week. Restrictions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post op six months next week. Restrictions?

My daughter had surgury in September and the doctor had been telling us that she would have restrictions for the first six months. What have your doctors told you?

My doctor also told us 6 months, but after 3 months the bending, lifting,twisting limitations would be lifted. I think he also said that swimming, bicycling and some other sports would be allowed after the three months. We are only 3 weeks post op so far so we have a ways to go.
    Linda

Comment

My daughter is 15 months post-op today, and some of her restrictions were in place for a full year, which we were told before surgery. At 3 months she was allowed to start bending, twisting, p.t. and swimming (no diving until 1 yr); she was not allowed to carry/lift more than 10 pounds for the full year at which time he told her to "use common sense". She was out of gym for about 8 months. No riding our 4-wheeler, no amusement parks (especially rollercoasters), no diving into a pool and no hunting for a full year.

I've learned that our doctor was very cautious compared to some doctors. My best advice is to ask your daughter's doctor specific questions so you'll know for sure.

Mary Lou
      Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

Working...
      X