Surgery March 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery March 6

I can't believe I was told I was going to have surgery a little over a month ago. I donated my own blood and it was terrible. I think I threw up a couple of times. There has to be someone here who will have surgery tomorrow too. Any takers? lol Im having surgery tomorrow!!! I'm so hyper!

Hi Carly
    Just wanted to wish you well for tomorrow. Waiting is worse than getting there - I'm sure you'll be fine.
    God bless

Lorrie

Comment

Good luck

I don't go in until May
      Good luck ..........I probably won't be able to sleep the night before either. I would try reading or watching my favorite movie
      Relax and know you're surrounded by millions of others experiencing the same thing!
      Jenn
      37 y/o female
      60 degree lumbar
      45 degree thoracic
      1st time anterior/posterior surgery May 8th and 10th 2006
      T 5 to S 1
      NYC

Comment

Hi, I hope your surgery goes well tomorrow. I dont have surgery tomorrow but i do have it friday march 10th. When i was first told i needed surgery i was more anxious (b/c of all the pain i have been having) but now the closer it gets the more nervous i get. What helps me is to think about the future and how it will be when the recovery is all over. I hope everything goes well.
        My name is sierra
        I am 17 years old
        Both my curves are between 55-60 degrees
        I had surgery on March 10th 2006

Post op my curves are 22 on top and 25 on bottom
        I had a selective fussion where they only fussed the top curve hoping the bottom would follow

Comment

Carly,

I am praying that your surgery went well today and that God is blessing you with awesome nurses who will take great care of you. You will be back on this forum telling us how well you're recovering before you know it.

Sierra,

My prayers for you on Friday. My daughter had surgery in Nov. and she says she hardly remembers much about the hospital. They really do control your pain with lots of medicine and you will do just fine. You will sleep most of the time.

My daughter is recovering beautifully. It has been three months and they have gone by so fast. You girls will do just great!

Cheryl M
          NCM

Comment

Hi Carly,

I'm remembering you in prayer tonight. Welcome to the other side! I'm so glad you have the surgery behind you. God Bless you and may He heal your body completely and quickly.

Kindest Regards,
            Gail

Comment

Carly:

An awful lot of people are cheering you on, including me. I had my surgery 8 years ago at the "old" age of 43. I know how nervous you must have been. I was too somewhat. I consider myself fortunate that I had advance notice that surgery could happen. I was diagnosed at 15 but it wasn't that bad and nothing could be done then. But I was told it could get worse over time and I could end up needing surgery. Well it took awhile, but it happened. When I was told I needed surgery, I walked and exercised like crazy and got all the information I could to prepare myself. Fortunately, I came thru it with flying colors and even suprised the doctor with my quick recovery. I was even climbing stairs in the hospital.

You will hurt and be uncomfortable for awhile but your young and will be out and about in no time, although you will have some limited mobility. Then again, that's not so bad if you play it up right. You can get people to do some things for you (ha, ha).

Keep your chin up and when you get home, walk, walk , walk! That's what I did and it helped me get back to normal (whatever that is) much quicker.

God Bless

Comment

Working...
              X