a great day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a great day!

Hi!! I just have to post this (after so many whining and depressive ones)...This is a GREAT day for me!! I woke up this morning feeling better than i have felt in a LONG time... i hopped out of bed, turned around and made it up... and was in the bathroom puttering around before i realized that i didn't even have my cane or any pain!!! I went to the kitchen, bent down and picked up the doggie bowl and filled it and put it back down... got the milk out of the fridge.... lol... all such routine things but things that i have had trouble doing for a while.... it is wonderful to be able to regain some of the abilities that i used to take so for granted! For anyone who is still recovering... don't despair... the good days are waiting just ahead... it will be YOUR great day next!!!!

That is great to know, how long have you been post OP

Comment

You actually bent down to pick something up? WOW! I am impressed. Every time I drop something I just look pathetically at it until someone picks it up. I am so very glad that you had such a great day! Keep it up!! Linda

Comment

Hi JoAnn,

I'm glad you're doing better. It is amazing how the little acomplishments we manage to do each day can bring such pleasure!!!

Keep it up,
        Shari

Comment

Hi..that's great! Curious about how many mths post op---thks Lynne

Comment

Way to go Joann! I'm so happy for you...those great days are so encouraging...and soon you'll be having way more great days than not so great ones....YOU GO GIRL!

Comment

I had 3 surgeries in one week... Oct. 7, Oct. 10, and Oct. 13.... so that makes it 5 months post op now ...

I also discovered something last night that i can do now that no one else in the family can do i can flex the muscles across my shoulder blades and you can see a big muscle definition across the middle there... Almost freaked me out when i first saw it! i went and asked the boys and hubby if they could flex their back muscles, and they all tried but couldn't. Made me laugh and feel kinda special that i could do something with my muscles that those big men couldn't do...lol..

Thanks to all for the encouragement. Things DO get better, just the way you said they would. JoAnn

Comment

Congratulations...keep up the good work and enjoy the rest of your day!
                Brandi
                Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
                Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
                L1-S1
                Dr. William Lauerman
                Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
                Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
                http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

LOL Joann, good for you

I also have found that I can bend really quickly with my knees, and others still bend at the hips even if I keep telling them that maybe it's one of the reasons that their backs hurt when they do They say it's too hard to bend at the knees.

Take it easy, and hoping you have more good days
                  35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
                  Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
                  Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
                  Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
                  Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Working...
                  X