other options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• other options?

Hi! I just had a quick question. Are there any alternatives to surgery for curves over 75*? I saw a chiro once and was basically told that my curves were beyond what he could help. Thanks for any answers,
    ~jacqueline

Jacqueline...

You'll find plenty of claims, but no REAL proof. If you decide to try an alternative, I'd recommend against getting sucked into some expensive treatment without a money back guarantee.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Originally posted by okjac
      Hi! I just had a quick question. Are there any alternatives to surgery for curves over 75*? I saw a chiro once and was basically told that my curves were beyond what he could help. Thanks for any answers,
      ~jacqueline
      HI Jacqueline! That is my best friend's name! Well, no doubt 75 degrees is alot to work on, but nothing is impossible. The chiro you saw was probably 100% right they can't help you and I value his/her honesty. However, I see a special chiro in MN who recently treated a 52 y/o with 75 degrees and she is already in the 50's degree wise. He is renowned in his field for his breakthroughs in scoli. If you go to any old chiro online or in the phone book they cannot do this. It is new, and still being researched. I know 1 girl named Leah who went from 30 deg to 5 deg and has held for 3 years...but that is much different than where you are beginning. Curves over 30 have much more difficult mehanics.

I was nervous when I first went there, but I figured what the heck. I saw the corrections with my own 2 eyes at a chiro seminar I was at and had to at least try it. I now look and feel better than ever. Worth at least giving him a call or an email to see his thoughts as he is such a good man. Here is his site www.clear-institute.com If you want to PM me I can tell you what the treatments were like in case your are curious. How long? How much? Do they hurt? How do I feel now?

Just remember that this form of chiro treatment is new...and while I have had good results, they have only been for about 2 weeks! If you are not in a bunch of pain you may want to just wait as studies on this are being conducted as we type. Also, I am going to start a blog with my progress. That way you can watch someone go through it w/out having to committ yourself physically or monetarily.

Some say don't be suckered into alternative care...I say don't be suckered into ANY care. Your spine is yours and it is your choice. Many people like myself have been very satisfied with their chiro care. The furture has never been brighter for scoli patients as ALL forms of care for us are getting better every day! Best of luck whatever your decision!
      Katie- age 28
      Ironman Triathlete in Training
      Love the outdoors, my family, rescue dogs, and this wonderful challenge of scoliosis which has shaped who I am today
      Diagnosed with scoliosis at 12 Braced '92-'94
      Curves before chiropactic care: 47 thoracic, 45 lumbar, no cervical curve, lots of pain
      With chiro so far reduced to 32 thoracic, 31 lumbar a beautiful cervical curve, 175% inc lung capacity, 401% inc range of motion, 1/2 in taller balanced legs pain free and only getting better.

Comment

Working...
      X