Any word from SpineWhine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word from SpineWhine?

Was hoping to see a post from spinewhine to see how she has been doing. Its been a week since her last post and I know she was having a rough week with the food poisening and the P.E. Hope everything is going better for her and hope to hear from her soon!

CWhite

Well, that made my day! I love this board, and the posts from people who catch me on my blog. It is such a nice community we have here that we think and care about others. Even though we haven't really met anyone, we all share a common problem, and it is nice to be able to talk with others who can relate.

As for me - I have had a rough week. Yesterday I had a sort of relapse with the breathing issues and pain. I even went so far as to taking a leftover percoset, even though I have been off the narcotics for at least a month. This morning, when I went to take my warfarin (anti-coagulant med), I counted my pills, and realized that yesterday I missed my regular dose. So, that probably caused the flare-up in my PE symptoms. I hopefully have everything adjusted now medwise to take care of the issue, but I was pretty scared.

I admit that the hardest part is the anxiety. Especially since the signs of a PE, and an anxiety attack are virtually identical. I am having a hard time differentiating between me being over-anxious about my condition, and truly having a problem. So, that is me, sitting here freaking out about freaking out.
    Meg is Spinewhine
    31 years old with thoracic curve
    Wore Boston brace as teenager, but curve continued to progress.
    Surgery on 12/13/2005 with correction from over 55 degrees to under 25 degrees. (Ya baby!)

The nitty gritty at:
    http://spinewhine.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hey Meg -

I'm glad and relieved to hear from you, but so sorry for the relapse and anxiety you are feeling. Are you still working or are you taking more time off to recover? I'm just 6 weeks post surgery and feeling well (walking 3 miles on the treadmill!!) I'm working towards my goal of being back to work in 2 weeks. After hearing about your struggles I'm debating if going back to work at 8 weeks may be too soon. I feel good and feel stronger every day and only imagine that I will be even better in 2more weeks but afraid that the added stress and routine of a job may set me back. Would like to know how going back to work has been for you. Again sorry to hear of the hurdles you've been facing, please keep in touch! Take Care!

Carrie
      28 years old with thoracic & lumbar curve
      Surgery 1/19/2006 on T6 to L3 with correction from 53 degrees to 18 degrees.

Comment

Working...
      X