surgery pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surgery pain

Hi. My name is nicole and i had surgery about 2 and a half months ago on december 14th. I still have quite a bit of side pains and back pains and neck pain and yesterday i had a lot of stinging in my back. I was just wondering if most people still have this much pain after 2 months and how long it normally lasts. also i was given a brace after surgery but i dont wear it much. is the brace very important? do most people wear a brace after surgery?

Hi Nicole...

The duration of pain is largely a result of how much surgery was done and one's age. The brace is probably very important, though not all surgeons use post-op braces. If your surgeon thought you should have one, s/he probably has a reason for it.

Who performed your surgery?

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

I had the surgery at shriners in sacramento by dr benson and dr skinner.

Comment

I had alot of pain for several months after the surgery. Alot of it, is your body getting used to being off of pain medication. It also is the feeling coming back into the places where they made the incisions. WEAR YOUR BRACE! Although it sucks so much, it is there to make sure the screws dont pop out. It is keeping you from having another surgery. Much love and prayers.
        Annie

Comment

hang in there .. it will b fine .. i am lookin forward for a surgery .. let's see wen

Comment

Working...
          X