View Full Version : Update on Jamie's ankle

02-23-2006, 12:44 PM
I wasn't sure where to post this but anyway. Today was Jamie's 4 week follow-up appointment for her ankle. Dr. Segal told her it was okay to keep the cast off, which made Jamie very happy. She still has some tenderness, which he didn't like. He wants to see her back in 6 weeks to x-ray the ankle again, so it sounds like we're not out of the woods yet.

Dr. Segal is such a caring doctor. He just saw Jamie in December for her back, but he started asking her a bunch of questions today while feeling her neck and her back which led to a lengthy conversation. I asked at what degree would he consider doing something about her Kyphosis and he didn't answer me directly, which sorta makes me nervous, and makes me wonder if he sees an increase. He told us he'd like to see her in 6 weeks instead of July (original June appointment was moved back to July). So we go back April 6th for x-rays of her ankle and for her neck and back.

Mary Lou

02-23-2006, 01:40 PM
Hi Mary Lou,

Thanks for the update. I hope Jamie's ankle feels better very soon. The waiting and not knowing what's going to happen is so hard. I know. Know that we'll be sending our best your way. Whatever happens.

02-23-2006, 04:58 PM
Mary Lou,
I am glad to hear there is improvement on Jaime's ankle. I will keep you all in my prayers as you approach your next appointment. I am concerned since he is moving the appointment up to April. My fear is having to have more of Crystal's back fused because of the kyphosis. Dr. Krajbich keeps telling us everything is just fine. We go back April 27. At least, Craig & the kids go back April 27. I won't be ablet to make the trip, since I would have to ask for two days off of a new job.

02-23-2006, 05:09 PM
Mary Lou,

Hope Jamie's ankle will keep healing and no further problems. Did the doctor say he noticed an increase as to the kyphosis or has Jamie been having any additional discomfort? I know you feel nervous about the appt. being moved sooner but at least you know your dr. is caring and keeping a close eye on Jamie. Better than waiting until July and finding a major change (which I pray there won't be). Best wishes to you both -


02-23-2006, 06:21 PM
Carmell, Nikki, Renee,

Thank you all for your kinds words, and prayers. I'm glad he moved the Scoli. appointment up, but it too concerns me. I was having trouble accepting the fact of waiting six months to see if there was progression in the Kyphosis especially since it had progressed from 30* in June to 39* in December and had thought of moving it up myself once we were done with this ankle. I noticed an increase from June to December, but haven't noticed any increase since then and believe me, I look all the time. Dr. Segal didn't say he noticed an increase and I think he started out checking her back just because she was there. What really makes me nervous is that he told us he can feel the top wire in her back. We could always feel the top of her rod, but never the wires or hooks. I think that's what has him concerned and if he is concerned, that makes me worried.

Jamie has never had any pain from her Kyphoscoliosis and thankfully still doesn't.

Mary Lou