My before & after x-rays!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My before & after x-rays!!!!

It took a year, but I finally remembered to ask my surgeon for my before and after x-rays....I know you've all seen your own, but I just had to share mine! The first time I saw the after x-rays two weeks after my surgery, I could not believe it was really MY back..I was amazed!

Wow! That's an impressive curve, and the correction looks beautiful. How are you feeling?
    Chris
    A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
    Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
    Post-op curve: 12 degrees
    Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Woohoo!!!! THose are awesome! Congratulations!
      Meg is Spinewhine
      31 years old with thoracic curve
      Wore Boston brace as teenager, but curve continued to progress.
      Surgery on 12/13/2005 with correction from over 55 degrees to under 25 degrees. (Ya baby!)

The nitty gritty at:
      http://spinewhine.blogspot.com/

Comment

Wow Heidi!! WHAT an improvement!!! Congratulations on your nice, straight back now... You have to feel so much better now, what with all your internal organs having more room to operate the way they should. Those photos should inspire the people who are undecided yet about surgery... There IS hope! It's a big undertaking and serious business, but just look at the results!
        God bless you!!

Comment

wow! what a change!! Your before curves look just like mine!!!! we must be sisters!!! Lynne ( surgery this Aug.)

Comment

Hi Heidi,

Congratulations. Your back looks wonderful!!!

Good for you,
            Shari

Comment

Hi, HGD24
              Wow, is all I have to say with the before and after! My son's curve looks a lot like yours but more curved since it is at 70 degrees and I'm still debating on the decision of surgery for him. Those photos give me some hope of what can be. Thanks for posting them and best wishes to you!
              Linda
              Mom to Hunter (10 yrs old), status post posterior spinal fusion T1-sacrum 7/24/06 w/spastic quad CP

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I'm feeling great one-year post op and doing things once again that after surgery, I did not think I would be able to do again: Make the bed, get on the floor and play with my dog, run around the back yard with my dog...the list goes on!

I have to say that with the on-set of very cold weather here in New England recently, I have notice more stiffness than I have been experiencing, but that's the only negative at this point.

Comment

Thanks for the x-rays

Heidi,

Congrats on the big remodel! Your x-rays could be mine, also. (T65, L75) I will use them to show my relatives what can be with surgery.

Deb

Comment

Your correction is awesome! Hurray for you. I was wondering if I would ever be able to get down on the floor again, so thanks for the inspiration!

Comment

Working...
                    X