question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question

I have a question? I have a lumbar curve and I was wondering if anyone knew if scoliosis can affect the pelvis? Apart from misalinging it, does it have anything to do with a stabbing pain I feel on the right side of my pelvis? Has anyone experienced this before? Or pain just below my right ribcage? Has anyone felt this?

Hi Carly...

Is the pain in the front? Right under the ribs on the right side is your liver.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Just a thought or two,..

This could be way off base, but my youngest daughter had really bad pain on her right side just below her ribcage, as well as radiating near her pelvis, and it turned out to be her appendix. Her's was actually tucked up the opposite direction of where it ordinarily should be, and it took them hours before they could confirm it. She had to have emergency surgery New Year's Eve of last year.

Probably not your situation, but thought I'd mention it just as another possibility to keep on the back burner,.. even if it is unlikely.

Doesn't Gall Bladder pain give off stabbing pain under the ribcage on the right side also?? My g/f was suspected of that, but then it turned out to be Pleuresy of all things...

It could be so many different things, I think if it were me, I'd make an appt. with your doctor to figure out what it is. It could be no big deal, or it could end up being something serious,.. or even somewhere in between.

Good luck and hope you feel better! Let us know what you find out, k? (((hugs)))

Comment

Progressive Symptom

hi Carly .. Hope u r well ..
        well i think i can help u a lill bit with that question .. having a dorso lumbar curve of 35 degrees.. i am in asimlar position .. pain in my ribcage and right below on either sides .. at times i feel it to b hurtin my kidneys too .. but well i know its nuthin but my spine just flexing around here and there .. but i have a suggestion for u .. wen u see ur doc . tell him abt this pain... and just ask him to see if ur scoliosis is progressive ... coz this pain usually occurs if the spine is flexing around and it is a symptom of progressive curve..
        Hope i am able to help u in sum way
        God bles u and heal u on my expens e.. amen
        Take care

Comment

Hi, thanks for all your replies. I actually went to my doctor 2 days ago, and guess what? The pain that I was having for two months now, turned out to be a ruptured cyst! I've never had that happening before. That's the pain in my pelvis. I'm still getting pain below my ribcage but they have said nothing of this...

Comment

God bless u

I am glad that they have foun the reason for the pain ... and i hope it is cured sooon enough .. do check again and ask about the pain beolw the rid also .. i hope u find the cause and the solution .. God bless u and heal u .. amen

Comment

I experience back pain all the time and usually when I do alot of walking (2 miles and/or more) my hips/pelvis starts to hurt too, feels like it is grinding.
              Adolescent Idiopathic Thoracic Lumbar Scoliosis

Back Pain started in October 2001
              Diagnosed - June 2003

Thoracic and Lumbar curves- 37 degrees
              Started Hospital examination - June 2003
              Discharged from hospital - November 2006

Comment

it really depends what part the pain is
                Virtual Pets |
                Games |
                Create a Virtual Pet

Comment