Drs. In Washington, DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drs. In Washington, DC

Has anyone had surgery in the Washington, DC area? I would love some reccomendations of Drs. in the area. Thanks !

Dr. William Lauerman at Georgetown University Hospital comes highly recommended. He is also my surgeon, I will have spinal fusion surgery on May 22, 2006. He is also a member of the Scoliosis Research Society. He is Chief of Orthopedic Surgery. He is thorough, confident and compassionate. I feel I am in excellent hands.

Brandi
    Brandi
    Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
    Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
    L1-S1
    Dr. William Lauerman
    Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
    Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
    http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

Hi Brandi,
      It is so interesting that you should mention him. My mother is also contmplating surgery in May with him. She was hoping to talk to people who had used him. She has not heard very mush about him? Where did your reccomendation for him come from? Do you live in the Washington DC area?

Jackie

Comment

Jackie -

I do live in the DC area, Germantown, MD to be exact. I was referred to Dr. Lauerman by Dr. Dennis Winters a neurosurgeon in Rockville that I consulted with. Dr. Lauerman was featured as one of the area's top doctors in Washingtonian magazine (2005). If you visit Georgetown University Hospital's website and look under orthopedics, you can find some additional information on him.

I wish your Mom the best of luck.

Brandi
        Brandi
        Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
        Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
        L1-S1
        Dr. William Lauerman
        Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
        Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
        http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

I had my surgery by Dr. Starr. He works at Washington Hospital Center on Irving street. He also has an office on New Mexico Ave. He is GREAT! He specializes in spinal fusion surgery. If you want his number and address just PM me and I'll get that to you. Best of luck!
          25 yr old female =^_^=
          Thoracic curve 48 degrees (with kyphosis)
          Lumbar curve 23 degrees
          surgery from t5-l1 25 July 2005
          Two rods and 16 screws later . . . 0 degrees YAY!

Comment

Originally posted by leviwood
            Has anyone had surgery in the Washington, DC area? I would love some reccomendations of Drs. in the area. Thanks !

Hi There!

I am 10 months past surgery and my surgeon was Dr John Carbone. He is administrator at harborview Reconstructive Services over in baltimore. He doesnt sugar coat anything but a very serious professional who takes pride in what he does. good luck

dmb

Comment

Working...
            X