Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can anyone else move air in their lungs by moving your body in a certain way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone else move air in their lungs by moving your body in a certain way?

That probably sounds really odd.

I noticed by chance few days ago. I was just stretching around and noticed when I bend toward the concave side of my curvature which for me is right, I could move air out of my lungs. I did it few times to make sure it wasn't a fluke. If I bend away from the concave side,.. I could hear air move in to my lung.. lol

I can only do this with my right lung. Thought it was pretty odd and funny enough to share.
    30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
    2005 - T50, L31
    bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
    2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
    Post - op curve ~35

hey, i thought i was the only one. I can twist my body to my left and to my right and i can feel the air move involuntarily without me breathing. It's more pronounced when i twist to the side where my curve is (right).

Comment

moving air in lungs

Before my surgery I had lung impairment and had lost lung tissue from chest compression. I could get a little more air in by raising my arms over my head while sitting or laying down. Also by hanging by my hands from a door frame or pole.
      It came to a point where I began to feel panic about this because, in the end, no amount of exercising / change of position I could tolerate would improve it.
      Karen
      Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
      Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Working...
      X