Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding Short Term Disablity

Hi Linda R.

How do you go about getting short term disablity?

Shari

Hi...

I'm not really the one to ask, but I think your employer's HR department should be able to help you.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Short term disability

Some states have it, some don't.

In NJ a form gets filled out by the employer who verifies recent work history and a part gets filled out by the doctor stating the expected length of disability. That form gets sent to the state who will send minuscle checks for as long as 6 months. As far as I know a person does not collect short term disability in NJ if they are not working at the time of medical treatment.

Sick pay from the employer is taken into account so that a person does not take home more sick that working.

It may vary from state to state.
      Karen
      Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
      Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Thank you both for the information.

Shari

Comment

In Texas, you have to contact your insurance carrier. They will make an "appointment" over the phone that takes approximately 30-45 minutes asking questions about your overall health. Then they make the decision. As was said, some states may send small checks. TX didn't, but my insurance company did...it was small, but better than nothing. Your HR department or site will be able to help a lot with all the questions. Linda

Comment

Thanks Linda

Shari

Comment

Working...
            X